Dr. Asghar is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office3000 Bayview Drive
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306Phone(954) 567-1332
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Asghar is an experience spine surgeon and recognized thought leader for his pioneering work in scoliosis treatment. He has developed minimally invasive and open surgical techniques for scoliosis, authored 40+ peer reviewed articles and 10+ book chapters, and lectured around the world on scoliosis and spinal deformity.
Education & Training
- Shriners Hospitals for Children-PhiladelphiaFellowship, Adult/Pediatric Complex Spinal Deformity Fellowship, 2006 - 2007
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical SchoolResidency, Orthopedic Surgery, 2001 - 2006
- St. George's University School of MedicineClass of 2001
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 2010 - 2022
- NJ State Medical License 2006 - 2011
- PA State Medical License 2006 - 2014
Publications & Presentations
- In Search of the Ever-Elusive Postoperative Shoulder Balance: Is the T2 UIV the Key?Brooks JT, Bastrom TP, Bartley CE, Lonner BS, Shah SA, Miyanji F, Asghar J, Newton PO, Yaszay B, Harms Study Group> ;Spine deformity.
- Youth and Experience: The Effect of Surgeon Experience on Outcomes in Cerebral Palsy Scoliosis Surgery.Cahill PJ, Samdani AF, Brusalis CM, Blumberg T, Asghar J, Bastrom TP, Pasha S, Refakis CA, Pahys JM, Flynn JM, Harms Study Group, Sponseller PD> ;Spine deformity.
- Perioperative and Delayed Major Complications Following Surgical Treatment of Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis.Bartley CE, Yaszay B, Bastrom TP, Shah SA, Lonner BS, Asghar J, Miyanji F, Samdani A, Newton PO> ;The Journal of bone and joint surgery. American volume.
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: