Dr. Asghar is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office499 NW 70th Ave
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33317Phone+1 954-223-5483Fax+1 877-409-3551
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Asghar is an experience spine surgeon and recognized thought leader for his pioneering work in scoliosis treatment. He has developed minimally invasive and open surgical techniques for scoliosis, authored 50+ peer reviewed articles and 10+ book chapters, and lectured around the world on management of spinal conditions.
Education & Training
- Shriners Hospitals for Children-PhiladelphiaFellowship, Adult/Pediatric Complex Spinal Deformity Fellowship, 2006 - 2007
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical SchoolResidency, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2001 - 2006
- St. George's University School of MedicineClass of 2001
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 2010 - 2024
- NJ State Medical License 2006 - 2011
- PA State Medical License 2006 - 2014
Publications & Presentations
- Correction to: Late spinal infections following posterior spinal fusion in pediatric deformities: treatment using single-stage titanium implant exchange.Ameri B, Shufflebarger HL, Emerson B, Asghar J, George SG, Ramchandran S> ;Spine deformity.
- When to Consider Stand-Alone Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion: Is There a Role for a Comeback With New Implants?Menezes CM, Menezes ÉG, Asghar J, Guiroy A> ;International journal of spine surgery.
- Setting for single position surgery: survey from expert spinal surgeons.Guiroy A, de Andrada-Pereira B, Camino-Willhuber G, Berjano P, Lamartina C, Buckland AJ, Gagliardi M, Khajavi K, Turner JD, Thomas JA, Menezes C, Lehman R, Uribe J, As...> ;European spine journal : official publication of the European Spine Society, the European Spinal Deformity Society, and the European Section of the Cervical Spine Research Society. 2022-05-07
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: