Dr. Katz is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2200 Northern Blvd
Brookville, NY 11548Phone(516) 563-7100Fax(516) 325-7352
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Alan Katz is a cardiologist in Brookville, NY and is affiliated with St. Francis Hospital. He received his medical degree from The Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at The University of Vermont and has been in practice 33 years. He specializes in echocardiography and cardiothoracic imaging and is experienced in general cardiology, hypertension, coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, and interventional cardiology.
Education & Training
- Brown University, Associate Professor of MedicineMD, Cardiology, Masters Degree (Ad Eundem), 1990 - 2000
- New York Presbyterian Hospital - Cornell CampusFellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, 1987 - 1990
- North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health SystemResidency, Internal Medicine, 1984 - 1987
- University of Vermont College of MedicineClass of 1984
- California Institute of TechnologyMS, Engineering Science, 1979 - 1980
Certifications & Licensure
- RI State Medical License 1990 - 2001
- NY State Medical License 1985 - 2022
- American Board of Preventive Medicine Clinical Informatics
Publications & Presentations
- 4 citations2016 ACC/ASE/ASNC/HRS/SCAI Health Policy Statement on Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise.John R. Windle, Alan S. Katz, J. Paul Dow, Edward T.A. Fry, Andrew M. Keller, Terran Lamp, Alexander Lippitt, Marianne P. Paruche, Frederic S. Resnic, Gerald A. Serwer...> ;Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2016 Sep 20
- Relative importance of errors in left ventricular quantitation by two-dimensional echocardiography: insights from three-dimensional echocardiography and cardiac magnet...Ebere O. Chukwu, Eddy Barasch, Dennis G. Mihalatos, Alan S. Katz, Justine Lachmann, Jing Han, Nathaniel Reichek, Aasha S. Gopal> ;Journal of The American Society of Echocardiography. 2008 Sep 1
- Left ventricular structure and function for postmyocardial infarction and heart failure risk stratification by three-dimensional echocardiography.Gopal AS, Chukwu EO, Mihalatos DG, Katz AS, Mathew ST, Lachmann JS, Toole RS, Schapiro W, Reichek N> ;Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography : official publication of the American Society of Echocardiography. 2007-06-06
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: