Dr. Snider is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office4921 Parkview Pl
Saint Louis, MO 63110Phone(314) 286-1967Fax(314) 286-1985
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. B. Joy Snider is a neurologist in Saint Louis, MO and is affiliated with Barnes-Jewish Hospital. She received her medical and graduate degrees (PhD in Biochemistry) from University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and has been in practice 28 years. She specializes in dementia & geriatrics and is experienced in Alzheimer disease and behavioral neurology / neuropsychiatry. She leads the Knight ADRC Clinical Trials Unit and serves as the Medical Director for the faculty dementia specialty practice, the Memory Diagnostic Center. She has served as the Adult Neurology Residency Program Director since 2009.
Education & Training
- University of Texas Southwestern - Parkland Health & Hospital SystemResidency, Neurology, 1990 - 1993
- Presbyterian HospitalInternship, Internal Medicine, 1989 - 1990
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical SchoolClass of 1989
Certifications & Licensure
- IL State Medical License 2021 - 2023
- OK State Medical License 2020 - 2021
- MO State Medical License 1993 - 2022
- TX State Medical License 1990 - 2000
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Neurology
- United Council for Neurologic SubspecialtiesGeriatric Neurology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Allscripts Enterprise EHR, Allscripts, 2012
- Dominantly Inherited Alzheimer Network Trial: An Opportunity to Prevent Dementia. A Study of Potential Disease Modifying Treatments in Individuals at Risk for or With a Type of Early Onset Alzheimer's Disease Caused by a Genetic Mutation. Start of enrollment: 2012 Dec 01Boxer, A.,Snider, B.,Matthews, B.,Dubois, B.,Mummery, C.,Dyck, C.V.,Masters, C.,Hannequin, D.,Galasko, D.,Ziegemeier, E.,Roberson, E.,Pasquier, F.,Surti, G.,Frisoni, G.,Jimenez-Velazquez, I.,Lah, J.,Parie...
Publications & Presentations
- Effect of escitalopram dose and treatment duration on CSF Aβ levels in healthy older adults: A controlled clinical trialYvette I. Sheline, B. Joy Snider, Joanne C. Beer, Darsol Seok, Anne M. Fagan, Raymond F. Suckow, Jin-Moo Lee, Teresa Waligorska, Magdalena Korecka, Irem Aselcioglu, Jo...> ;Neurology. 2020 Nov 10
- 2 citationsSelect Atrophied Regions in Alzheimer disease (SARA): An improved volumetric model for identifying Alzheimer disease dementia.Lauren N. Koenig, Gregory S. Day, Amber Salter, Sarah Keefe, Laura M. Marple, Justin M. Long, Pamela LaMontagne, Massoumazada P, Barbara J. Snider, Kanthamneni M, Cyru...> ;NeuroImage: Clinical. 2020 Mar 16
- 16 citationsComparison of Pittsburgh compound B and florbetapir in cross-sectional and longitudinal studiesYi Su, Shaney Flores, Guoqiao Wang, Russ C. Hornbeck, Benjamin Speidel, Nelly Joseph-Mathurin, Andrei G. Vlassenko, Brian A. Gordon, Robert A. Koeppe, William E. Klunk...> ;Alzheimer's & Dementia: Diagnosis, Assessment & Disease Monitoring. 2019 Dec 1
- Join now to see all
- Neuroprotective Effects Of Enhanced Proteasome FunctionNational Institute Of Neurological Disorders And Stroke2004–2006
- Neuroprotective Effect Of Heat Stress In Cortical NeuronNational Institute Of Neurological Disorders And Stroke1995–1999
- Barnes-Jewish HospitalSaint Louis, Missouri
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: