Dr. Carpenter is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office4921 Parkview Pl
Saint Louis, MO 63110Phone(314) 362-7498Fax(314) 747-3342
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. David Carpenter is a neurologist in Saint Louis, MO and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Mercy Hospital St. Louis, and Missouri Baptist Medical Center. He received his medical degree from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and has been in practice 34 years. He specializes in vascular neurology and is experienced in general neurology and cerebrovascular disease.
Education & Training
- Washington UniversityFellowship, Vascular Neurology, 1991
- Washington University - Barnes-Jewish HospitalResidency, Neurology, 1985 - 1988
- Michael Reese Hospital and Medical CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 1983 - 1985
- Washington UniversityClass of 1983
Certifications & Licensure
- IL State Medical License 2017 - 2023
- MO State Medical License 1986 - 2022
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Vascular Neurology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Allscripts Enterprise EHR, Allscripts, 2012
Publications & Presentations
- 4 citationsRelative Mean Transit Time Predicts Subsequent Stroke in Symptomatic Carotid OcclusionRobert L. Grubb, Colin P. Derdeyn, Tom O. Videen, David A. Carpenter, William J. Powers> ;Journal of Stroke & Cerebrovascular Diseases. 2016 Jun 1
- 1 citationsPatent Foramen Ovale and Stroke: Should PFOs Be Closed in Otherwise Cryptogenic Stroke?David A. Carpenter, Andria L. Ford, Jin-Moo Lee> ;Current Atherosclerosis Reports. 2010 May 12
- 20 citationsPatterns of infarction in hemodynamic failure.Colin P. Derdeyn, David A. Carpenter, Tom O. Videen, Robert L. Grubb, William J. Powers> ;Cerebrovascular Diseases. 2007 Jun 1
- Join now to see all
- Protecting Future Generations: NAU Scientists Study Arctic Community’s Exposure to Toxic PollutantsOctober 17th, 2017
- Smart Meters and Cell Damage from Pulsed Em Radiation - Our Health at Risk?April 11th, 2017
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: