Dr. Bishara is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Suite 401 ( Flatiron)
New York, NY 10010
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr Bishara is the founder of From Within Medical, an integrative medical wellness and weight loss practice that places emphasis on the
mind-body and gut-brain axis to prevent and manage disease.
Dr Bishara is Board certified in Internal Medicine by the National Board of Physicians and surgeons and is certified by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine in comprehensive weight loss for the integrative physician. She has been practicing Internal Medicine for 24 years.
Most recently, Dr Bishara has been focused on Covid-19 related research, in particular, the role of gut health and its link to COVID-19.
In a first of its kind discovery, she published a scientific journal article attributing an imbalance of the gut microbiome to Covid severity and identifying a specific strain of gut bacteria called Bifidobacterium as a protective factor to COVID-19 infections in children. Bifidobacterium is present in much higher concentrations in children's guts and plays a direct role in regulating the same immune pathways that Covid affects, leading to more severe infections in high risk individuals.
Since her discovery and publication in May 2020, two additional international studies have confirmed her report that indeed patients with worsened Covid severity had clinical findings showing decreased Bifidobacterium levels in their gut.
She has also contributed to several recent Covid related press articles including those related to COVID-Antibodies.
Education & Training
- Westchester Medical CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 1997 - 2000
- Cairo University SOMClass of 1994
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 2021 - 2023
- NY State Medical License 2000 - 2024
- National Board of Physicians and Surgeons Internal Medicine
- American Academy of Anti-Aging MedicineIntegrative Medical Weight Loss
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Network Director’s Commendation: In recognition of outstanding work and dedication to ensure successful outcomes for veterans. Department of Veterans Affairs, 2014
- Network Director's Commendation Award for service to Veterans 2014
Publications & Presentations
- Could Certain Strains of Gut Bacteria Play a Role in the Prevention and Potential Treatment of COVID-19 Infections?Christine Bishara, MD, American Journal Of Translational Medicine, 6/1/2020
- How to Function in the Office When You’re HungoverJanuary 1st, 2020
- 6 subtle signs you have a heart problemMarch 1st, 2021
- Why Is Covid-19 Less Severe In childrenDecember 13th, 2020
- Join now to see all
- American Academy of Anti Aging MedicineMember
- Co-Founder, PreMedProSummer program for High School and college students interested in careers in medicine.
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: