Are you Dr. Scharff?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 45 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office6612 Kennedy Dr
Chevy Chase, MD 20815Phone+1 301-951-3630
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. David Scharff, MD is a board certified psychiatrist in Chevy Chase, Maryland. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Maryland and District of Columbia. He is affiliated with MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital and is a Professor at Georgetown University School of Medicine.
Education & Training
- Brigham and Women's Hospital/Harvard Medical SchoolResidency, Psychiatry, 1967 - 1969
- Tufts Medical CenterInternship, Internal Medicine, 1966 - 1967
- Harvard Medical SchoolClass of 1966
Certifications & Licensure
- MD State Medical License 1975 - 2023
- DC State Medical License 1973 - 2022
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Child Psychiatry
Publications & Presentations
- Pichon Rivière's psychoanalytic contributions: Some comparisons with object relations and modern developments in psychoanalysis.David E. Scharff, Roberto Losso, Lea Setton> ;The International Journal of Psychoanalysis. 2017 Feb 1
- 19 citationsObject Relations Couple TherapyJill Savege Scharff, David E. Scharff> ;American journal of psychotherapy. 2000 Apr 1
- 4 citationsFrom instinct to self: the evolution and implications of W. R. D. Fairbairn's theory of object relations.David E. Scharff, Ellinor Fairbairn Birtles> ;The International Journal of Psychoanalysis. 1997 Dec 1
- Join now to see all
- Charny Presents a New Approach to Psychological Diagnosis and Therapy in Latest BookAugust 14th, 2017
- MedStar Good Samaritan HospitalBaltimore, Maryland