Dr. Tabas is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office5230 Centre Avenue
Shea Medical Center, Suite 509
Pittsburgh, PA 15232Phone(412) 623-2458
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- UPMC Medical EducationResidency, Internal Medicine, 1975 - 1978
- Perelman School of Medicine at the University of PennsylvaniaClass of 1975
Certifications & Licensure
- PA State Medical License 1976 - 2022
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2011
Publications & Presentations
- 9 citationsExpectations of groups versus pairs of attendings and residents about phone communications and bedside evaluation of hospitalized patients.Gary Tabas, Fred Rubin, Barbara H Hanusa, Mark S Roberts> ;Teaching and Learning in Medicine. 2005 Jan 1
- 129 citationsParoxetine to treat irritable bowel syndrome not responding to high-fiber diet: a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Gary Tabas, Mary Beaves, Jiping Wang, Paul Friday, Houssam E. Mardini, George L. Arnold> ;The American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2004 May 1
- 4 citationsIs 'routine' laboratory testing a thing of the past? Current recommendations regarding screening.Gary Tabas, Marian S. Vanek> ;Postgraduate Medicine. 1999 Mar 1
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: