Dr. Hussain is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office619 W 19th Ave
Covington, LA 70433Phone(985) 400-5344Fax(985) 400-5345
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Hamid Hussain is a gastroenterologist in Covington, LA and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including St. Tammany Parish Hospital, Bogalusa Medical Center, and Our Lady of the Angels Hospital. He received his medical degree from Sind Medical College and has been in practice 29 years. He specializes in advanced endoscopic interventional and is experienced in flexible sigmoidoscopy, barrett's esophagus, esophagitis, whipple's disease, and helicobacter pylori infection.
Education & Training
- Temple University HospitalFellowship, Gastroenterology, 1999 - 2000
- Maimonides Medical CenterFellowship, Gastroenterology, 1996 - 1999
- Maimonides Medical CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 1993 - 1996
- Sind Medical CollegeClass of 1988
Certifications & Licensure
- LA State Medical License 1999 - 2022
- VA State Medical License 1998 - 2022
- PA State Medical License 1998 - 2018
- IN State Medical License 1997 - 2023
- American Board of Internal Medicine Gastroenterology
Publications & Presentations
- 38 citationsResults of steroid-based therapy for the hepatitis C-autoimmune hepatitis overlap syndrome.Thomas D. Schiano, Helen S. Te, Rebecca M. Thomas, Hamid Hussain, Karen Bond, Martin Black> ;The American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2001 Oct 1
- 6 citationsHydrazine, cancer, the Internet, isoniazid, and the liver.Martin Black, Hamid Hussain> ;Annals of Internal Medicine. 2000 Dec 5
- 2 citationsGranulomatous Liver Disease.Hamid Hussain, Martin Black> ;Current Treatment Options in Gastroenterology. 2000 Dec 1
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: