Are you Dr. Essman?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 45 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1650 Skylyn Dr
Spartanburg, SC 29307Phone+1 864-585-4263
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. James Essman, MD is a board certified orthopedic surgeon in Spartanburg, South Carolina. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in South Carolina, Georgia, and Ohio. He is affiliated with Spartanburg Medical Center - Mary Black and Spartanburg Medical Center - Church Street Campus.
Education & Training
- Summa Health System/NEOMEDResidency, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1985 - 1990
- Jewish Hospital of CincinnatiInternship, Transitional Year, 1983 - 1984
- University of Cincinnati College of MedicineClass of 1983
Certifications & Licensure
- SC State Medical License 1992 - 2023
- GA State Medical License 1991 - 1993
- OH State Medical License 1984 - 1990
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Surgery of the Hand
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2012
Publications & Presentations
- 36 citationsFull-thickness rotator-cuff tear. An analysis of results.James A. Essman, Robert H. Bell, Michael Askew> ;Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 1991 Apr 1
- 3 citationsPalmar approach for treatment of scapho-trapezio-trapezoid arthrodesis.James A. Essman, Thomas J. Reilly, Frank C. Forshew> ;Journal of Hand Surgery (European Volume). 1990 Jul 1
- Spartanburg Medical Center - Mary BlackSpartanburg, South Carolina
- Spartanburg Medical Center - Church Street CampusSpartanburg, South Carolina