Dr. Neimat is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeUniversity of Louisville
220 Abraham Flexner Way Suite 1200
Louisville, KY 40202Phone(502) 588-2160Fax(502) 588-2161
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- University of TorontoFellowship, Functional Neurosurgeyr, 2005 - 2006
- Massachusetts General HospitalResidency, Neurological Surgery, 1999 - 2004
- Massachusetts General HospitalInternship, Transitional Year, 1998 - 1999
- Duke University School of MedicineClass of 1998
Certifications & Licensure
- KY State Medical License 2016 - 2022
- IN State Medical License 2016 - 2023
- TN State Medical License 2006 - 2018
- MI State Medical License 2005 - 2012
- WA State Medical License 2005 - 2008
- MA State Medical License 2001 - 2007
- American Board of Neurological Surgery Neurological Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2012
- Fellow (FAANS) American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Essential Tremor and Parkinsonian Tremor Start of enrollment: 2012 Nov 01Wylie, S.A.,Hedera, P.,Phibbs, F.,Neimat, J.S.,Cmelak, A.,Kirschner, A.N.
- Dexmedetomidine Effects on Microelectrode Recording in Deep Brain Stimulation Start of enrollment: 2008 Jan 01Neimat, J.
- Physiological Brain Atlas Development Start of enrollment: 2006 Aug 01Neimat, J.S.
- Humanitarian Device Exemption for Medtronic Activa Dystonia Therapy Start of enrollment: 2006 May 01Davis, T.L.,Fang, J.Y.,Konrad, P.E.,Neimat, J.S.
- Abbott DBS Registry of Outcomes for Indications Over Time Edward Karst
Publications & Presentations
- Bone Cement Cranioplasty Reduces Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak Rate after Microvascular Decompression: A Single-Institutional Experience.Daniel I. Wolfson, Jordan A. Magarik, Saniya S. Godil, Hamid M. Shah, Joseph S. Neimat, Peter E. Konrad, Dario J. Englot> ;Skull Base Surgery. 2021 Oct 1
- Noninvasive Thalamotomy for Refractory Tremor by Frameless Radiosurgery.Mohamed H. Khattab, Anthony J. Cmelak, Alexander D. Sherry, Guozhen Luo, Li Wang, Hong Yu, Peter Hedera, Fenna T. Phibbs, Christopher J. Lindsell, Joseph S. Neimat, Au...> ;International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics. 2021 Aug 25
- BDNF rs6265 Genotype Influences Outcomes of Pharmacotherapy and Subthalamic Nucleus Deep Brain Stimulation in Early-Stage Parkinson's Disease.Caryl E. Sortwell, Mallory L. Hacker, David Luke Fischer, Peter E. Konrad, Thomas L. Davis, Joseph S. Neimat, Lily Wang, Yanna Song, Zach R Mattingly, Allyson Cole-Str...> ;Neuromodulation. 2021 Jul 20
- Join now to see all
- Opinion: University of Louisville Hospital Loan Is Vital for the Health of KentuckyFebruary 13th, 2020
- Study Shows Seizure Freedom for Most Epilepsy Patients with Minimally Invasive Laser Ablation ProcedureJune 24th, 2019
- Vanderbilt Neurosurgeon Named UofL Department ChairJanuary 15th, 2016
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: