Are you Dr. Waeckerle?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 34 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office22334 W 66th St
Shawnee, KS 66226Phone(913) 825-0909Fax(913) 825-0905
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Joseph Waeckerle, MD is an emergency medicine physician in Shawnee, Kansas. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Kansas, Colorado, and California. He is affiliated with Menorah Medical Center.
Education & Training
- Truman Medical Center - WestResidency, Emergency Medicine, 1974 - 1975
- Truman Medical Center - WestResidency, Internal Medicine, 1973 - 1974
- Akron City HospitalInternship, Transitional Year, 1972 - 1973
- University of Missouri-Columbia School of MedicineClass of 1972
Certifications & Licensure
- KS State Medical License 1994 - 2022
- CO State Medical License 1994 - 2015
- CA State Medical License 1978 - Present
- MO State Medical License 1973 - 2022
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACEP) American College of Emergency Physicians
Publications & Presentations
- 3 citationsReview of cardiometabolic risk factors among current professional football and professional baseball players.John H. Helzberg, Joel Camilo, Joseph F. Waeckerle, James H. O'Keefe> ;The Physician and Sportsmedicine. 2010 Oct 1
- 11 citationsComparison of cardiovascular and metabolic risk factors in professional baseball players versus professional football players.John H. Helzberg, Joseph F. Waeckerle, Joel Camilo, Michael A. Selden, Fengming Tang, Steven Joyce, Jon E. Browne, James H. O'Keefe> ;American Journal of Cardiology. 2010 Sep 1
- 11 citationsElevated alanine aminotransferase in current national football league players: correlation with cardiometabolic syndrome markers, obesity, and insulin resistance.Michael A. Selden, John H. Helzberg, Joseph F. Waeckerle, Jon E. Browne, Joseph H. Brewer, Michael E. Monaco, Fengming Tang, James H. O'Keefe> ;Southern Medical Journal. 2009 Oct 1
- Join now to see all
- In NFL, Deeply Flawed Concussion Research and Ties to Big TobaccoMarch 24th, 2016
- More Than 100 Diagnosed Concussions Left Out of NFL Studies, Per ReportMarch 24th, 2016
- NFL Concussion Studies Were More Inadequate Than Thought, Says ReportMarch 24th, 2016
- Join now to see all
- Menorah Medical CenterLeawood, Kansas