Dr. Pretell is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1228 South Pine Island Road
Plantation, FL 33324Phone+1 786-596-2000
- Is this information wrong?
- Juan Pretell, M.D., is a musculoskeletal oncology surgeon and the chief of musculoskeletal oncology surgery at Miami Cancer Institute. Dr. Pretell specializes in benign and malignant musculoskeletal tumors and skin cancers affecting the musculoskeletal system. He is fluent in English and Spanish.
Prior to joining Miami Cancer Institute in 2022, Dr. Pretell worked at University of Miami where he was an Associate Professor of Orthopedic and Faculty of the Orthopedic Surgery residency program and Musculoskeletal Oncology Fellowship. He also was the director of clinical research in the Division of Musculoskeletal Oncology Surgery.
Dr. Pretell’s research has been published in high-impact national and international orthopedic and oncology journals. He has been a speaker in national and international meetings, and faculty for international Musculoskeletal Oncology courses. He is an active member of the Musculoskeletal Tumor Society and fellow of the AAOS. He is also a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons.
Education & Training
- University of Miami/Jackson Health SystemFellowship, Musculoskeletal Oncology, 2013 - 2014
- University of TennesseeFellowship, Pediatric Orthopaedics, 2012 - 2013
- Cayetano Heredia UniversityClass of 2003
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 2014 - 2024
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
Publications & Presentations
- 2 citationsPathologic Response Rates after Neoadjuvant Therapy for Sarcoma: A Single Institution Study.Crystal Seldon, Gautam Shrivastava, Melanie Fernandez, John S. Jarboe, Sheila A. Conway, Juan Pretell, L.M. Freedman, Aaron H. Wolfson, Wei Zhao, Deukwoo Kwon, Andrew ...> ;Cancers. 2021 Mar 3
- Proline‑rich polypeptide‑1 decreases cancer stem cell population by targeting BAFF chromatin‑remodeling complexes in human chondrosarcoma JJ012 cells.Alexandra Moran, Aaron K. Hoyt, Anil Sedani, Caroline J. Granger, Shannon Saigh, Marzenna Blonska, Liu Zhao-Ju, Sheila A. Conway, Juan Pretell, Jeffrey Brown, Karina G...> ;Oncology Reports. 2020 May 14
- 11 citationsIsolated distal radial metaphyseal fractures with an intact ulna: risk factors for loss of reductionWudbhav N. Sankar, Nicholas A. Beck, Jordan M. Brewer, Keith D. Baldwin, Juan A. Pretell> ;Journal of Children's Orthopaedics. 2011 Oct 20
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: