Dr. Itani is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1400 Vfw Pkwy
West Roxbury, MA 02132Phone(857) 203-6205Fax(857) 202-5549
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Baylor College of MedicineResidency, General Surgery, 1988 - 1993
- Duke University HospitalResidency, General Surgery, 1985 - 1988
- American University of Beirut Faculty of MedicineClass of 1985
Certifications & Licensure
- MA State Medical License 2004 - 2023
- TX State Medical License 1993 - 2019
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Regional Top Doctor Castle Connolly, 2014
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
- Wound EMR to Decrease Limb Amputations in Persons With Diabetes Start of enrollment: 2011 Jul 01Alamia, C.,Attinger, C.,Conant, V.,Frkyberg, R.,Itani, K.,Kavros, S.,Khan, K.,Lavery, L.,Oropallo, A.,Serena, T.E.,Sivakumar, J.,Warren, S.M.,Yelon, J.
- Repair of Infected or Contaminated Hernias Start of enrollment: 2007 Sep 01Itani, K.
- A Study to Compare Ventral Incisional Hernia by Laparoscopic vs Open Repair With Mesh Start of enrollment: 2004 Feb 01Itani, K.
Publications & Presentations
- Retired Surgeons as Mentors for Surgical Training Graduates Entering Practice: An Underutilized Resource.Na Eun Kim, Jennifer M Moseley, Patrick O'Neal, Edward E. Whang, Kamal M.F. Itani, Gentian Kristo> ;Annals of Surgery. 2021 Mar 1
- Incidence and Risk Factors for Long-Term Mesh Explantation Due to Infection in More than 100,000 Hernia Operation PatientsRadwan Dipp Ramos, William O’Brien, Kalpana Gupta, Kamal M.F. Itani> ;Journal of The American College of Surgeons. 2021 Feb 15
- Impact of Gastrointestinal Surgical Site Wound Complications on Long-term Healthcare UtilizationTanmaya D. Sambare, Laura A. Graham, Kamal M.F. Itani, Melanie S. Morris, Shawn Moshrefi, Mary T. Hawn> ;Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery. 2021 Feb 1
- Join now to see all
- Sentinel Contributions of US Department of Veterans Affairs Surgeons in Shaping the Face of Health CareKenneth A Lipshy, Kamal Itani, Seth Spector, Kathleen Raman, Alan Dardik, Edith Tzeng, Preeti R John, Brian Cmolik, Robert Kozol, JAMA Surgery
- Association Between Preoperative Proteinuria and Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury and ReadmissionMelanie S Morris, Caroline E Jones, Kamal M Itani, Mary T Hawn, Tyler S Wahl, Robert H Hollis, Gordon L Telford, Edith A Burns, JAMA
- Surgical Attire Changes a Bust for Infection Control?February 12th, 2020
- Hernia Surgical MeshMay 12th, 2017
- Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare SystemWest Roxbury, Massachusetts
- Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System - Jamaica PlainJamaica Plain, Massachusetts
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: