Dr. Forrest is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office915 Olentangy River Rd
Columbus, OH 43212Phone+1 614-366-3687Fax+1 614-293-9698
- Is this information wrong?
- I practice in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery, specializing in voice and swallowing disorders. Both of these health conditions also have significant social implications, and it’s very satisfying to be able to restore these abilities to a patient.
Regardless of the reason for a visit, I believe in treating the entire patient. Our multidisciplinary teams work together with the patient as our central focus, developing targeted and tailored treatment plans for each individual. This approach enables us to provide more targeted treatments, fewer side effects and better outcomes.
Ohio State provides access to the highest quality of equipment and the ability to work with world-renowned clinicians and researchers. I appreciate being part of this top-notch team. Serving as Ohio State's medical director of ambulatory services also allows me to contribute to The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center outside of my areas of specialty.
When I'm not on the job, I enjoy traveling, reading and attending Ohio State football games.
Education & Training
- Ohio State University HospitalResidency, Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, 1989 - 1993
- OhioHealth/Riverside Methodist HospitalInternship, Transitional Year, 1988 - 1989
- Ohio State University College of MedicineClass of 1988
Certifications & Licensure
- OH State Medical License 1993 - 2023
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Otolaryngology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2012-2013
- Top MD Consumers Checkbook
Publications & Presentations
- 7 citationsResponsible Return to Essential and Non-Essential Surgery During the COVID-19 Pandemic.Benjamin K. Poulose, Laura S. Phieffer, Joel L. Mayerson, Daniel Like, L. Arick Forrest, Armin Rahmanian, Brooke Bellamy, Michael Guertin, Timothy M. Pawlik> ;Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery. 2021 May 1
- 38 citationsTelehealth as a Bright Spot of the COVID-19 Pandemic: Recommendations From the Virtual Frontlines ("Frontweb").J Nwando Olayiwola, Candy Magana, Ashley Harmon, Shalina Nair, Erica Esposito, Christine Harsh, L. Arick Forrest, Randy Wexler> ;JMIR public health and surveillance. 2020 Jun 25
- 17 citationsImproved patient access and outcomes with the integration of an eConsult program (teledermatology) within a large academic medical center.Rebecca F. Wang, John Trinidad, Jeffrey Lawrence, Llana Pootrakul, L. Arick Forrest, Kevin Goist, Edward J. Levine, Shalina Nair, Milisa K Rizer, Andrew Thomas, Randel...> ;Journal of The American Academy of Dermatology. 2019 Oct 31
- Join now to see all
- Ohio State University Wexner Medical CenterColumbus, Ohio
- James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research InstituteColumbus, Ohio
- Nationwide Children's HospitalColumbus, Ohio
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: