Are you Dr. Tanwani?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 50 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1900 Bluegrass Ave
Louisville, KY 40215Phone(502) 361-2524Fax(502) 361-2525
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Lal Tanwani, MD is a geriatrician in Louisville, Kentucky. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Kentucky and Indiana. He is affiliated with UofL Health - Mary and Elizabeth Hospital, UofL Health - Jewish Hospital, and UofL Health - UofL Hospital.
Education & Training
- University of Louisville School of MedicineFellowship, Geriatric Medicine (Family Medicine), 2001 - 2002
- University of Louisville School of MedicineFellowship, Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, 1999 - 2001
- St Barnabas HospitalResidency, Internal Medicine, 1996 - 1999
- Dow University of Health SciencesClass of 1993
Certifications & Licensure
- IN State Medical License 2007 - 2021
- KY State Medical License 1999 - 2023
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2011
- Fellow (FACE) American Association of Clinical Endocrinology
Publications & Presentations
- 15 citationsInsulin Therapy in the Elderly Patient With DiabetesLal K. Tanwani> ;American Journal of Geriatric Pharmacotherapy. 2011 Feb 1
- Visual vignette. Dynamic MRI.Lal K. Tanwani, Sri Prakash Mokshagundam> ;Endocrine Practice. 2005 Sep 1
- Visual vignette. Somatostatin receptor scintigraphy.Elliot Turbiner, Lal K. Tanwani, Sri Prakash Mokshagundam> ;Endocrine Practice. 2002 Sep 1
- Join now to see all