Dr. Kernisan is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
See Dr. Kernisan's full profile
Office554 Clayton St
San Francisco, CA 94117Fax+1 415-634-0204
- Is this information wrong?
- I'm a geriatrician specializing in housecalls and collaborative consultation services for frail older adults. My direct-pay practice focuses on helping seniors and caregivers with geriatric issues that may be quite time-consuming to address during routine primary care visits. My fees are based on a reasonable hourly rate and are not covered by Medicare. All my notes are always copied to the PCP. For more info drkernisan.net
I also have a geriatrics health information website at GeriatricsForCaregivers.net, and I blog about geriatrics and technology at www.geritech.org.
Education & Training
- UC San Francisco2006 - 2010
- University of California (San Francisco)Residency, Internal Medicine, 2003 - 2005
- Case Western Reserve University School of MedicineClass of 2003
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 2005 - 2023
- American Board of Internal Medicine Geriatric Medicine
Publications & Presentations
- 40 citationsInformation-Seeking at a Caregiving Website: A Qualitative AnalysisLeslie P. Kernisan, Rebecca L. Sudore, Sara J. Knight> ;Journal of Medical Internet Research. 2010 Jul 28
- 33 citationsAssociation between hospital-reported Leapfrog Safe Practices Scores and inpatient mortality.Leslie P. Kernisan, Sei J. Lee, W. John Boscardin, C. Seth Landefeld, R. Adams Dudley> ;JAMA. 2009 Apr 1
- Deprescribing: How to Be on Less Medication for Healthier AgingSeptember 11th, 2017
- Health 2.0 Tools for the Elderly at Health 2.0 EuropeNovember 5th, 2013
- Falls Shatter Lives After 60: A Geriatrician Shares How to Stay SafeMarch 30th, 2020
- Join now to see all
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center-Alta Bates CampusBerkeley, California
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: