Dr. Plautz is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office4801 E Linwood Blvd
Va Medical Service (111)
Kansas City, MO 64128Phone(816) 922-2101Fax(816) 922-3323
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- University of Kansas School of MedicineFellowship, Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine, 1995 - 1998
- Hennepin County Medical CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 1992 - 1995
- University of Nebraska College of MedicineClass of 1992
Certifications & Licensure
- MO State Medical License 2001 - 2022
- KS State Medical License 1995 - 2022
- MN State Medical License 1993 - 1996
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Critical Care Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Pulmonary Disease
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Regional Top Doctor Castle Connolly, 2014
- Super Doctor SuperDoctors.com
- CSP #574 - Extend Steroid (in) CAP(e) (ESCAPe): A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind Clinical Trial to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Methylprednisolone in Hospitalized Veterans With Severe Community-Acquired Pneumonia Start of enrollment: 2012 Jan 01Ahmed, W.,Antonescu-Turcu, A.,Bashir, K.,Bridges, L.,Camhi, S.,Chesnutt, M.,Fan, V.,Frye, M.,Guardiola, J.,Habib, M.,Hoo, G.S.,Ioachimescu, O.,Johnson, D.P.,Kaul, P.,Lan, C.,Martin, T.,Meduri, G.U.,Miller...
Publications & Presentations
- 24 citationsC-reactive Protein Testing Does Not Decrease Antibiotic Use for Acute Cough Illness When Compared to a Clinical AlgorithmJoshua P Metlay, Ralph Gonzales, Mark Plautz, Eva M Aagaard> ;The Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2011 Jul 1
- 10 citationsTherapeutic conversion of the combination of ipratropium and albuterol to tiotropium in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Dennis E. Niewoehner, Robert Lapidus, Claudia Cote, Amir Sharafkhaneh, Mark Plautz, Philip Johnson, Steven Kesten> ;Pulmonary Pharmacology & Therapeutics. 2009 Dec 1
- 37 citationsPremature discontinuation of patients: a potential bias in COPD clinical trials.Stephen Kesten, M. Plautz, Craig A. Piquette, Michael P. Habib, Dennis E. Niewoehner> ;European Respiratory Journal. 2007 Nov 1
- Join now to see all
- Top Doctors for Pulmonary Disease in Kansas City 2021January 5th, 2021
- Kansas City Veterans Affairs Medical CenterKansas City, Missouri
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: