Dr. Axelrod is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office41 Mall Rd.
Burlington, MA 01805Phone(781) 744-8551Fax(781) 744-2599
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- NYU Grossman School of MedicineFellowship, Rheumatology, 2006 - 2008
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 2002 - 2005
- Stony Brook University Health Sciences Center School of MedicineClass of 2002
Certifications & Licensure
- NY State Medical License 2006 - 2009
- MA State Medical License 2005 - 2022
- American Board of Internal Medicine Rheumatology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Regional Top Doctor Castle Connolly, 2014
Publications & Presentations
- 62 citationsAdenosine A1 receptors (A1Rs) play a critical role in osteoclast formation and functionFiras M. Kara, Violeta Chitu, Jennifer Sloane, Matthew Axelrod, Bertil B. Fredholm, E. Richard Stanley, Bruce N. Cronstein> ;The FASEB Journal. 2010 Jul 1
- 50 citationsHelicobacter pylori stimulates gastric epithelial cell MMP-1 secretion via CagA-dependent and -independent ERK activation.Michael H. Pillinger, Nada Marjanovic, Seok Yong Kim, Yong Chan Lee, Jose U. Scher, Jatin Roper, Aryeh M. Abeles, P. Izmirly, Matthew Axelrod, Mara Y. Pillinger, Sonia...> ;Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2007 Jun 29
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: