Are you Dr. Travis?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 41 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office23000 Moakley St
Leonardtown, MD 20650Phone+1 301-475-5555Fax+1 301-475-8535
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Michael Travis, MD is a board certified orthopedic surgeon in Leonardtown, Maryland. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Maryland, Florida, and Georgia. He is affiliated with MedStar St. Mary's Hospital.
Education & Training
- National Capital ConsortiumResidency, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1990 - 1994
- Fitzsimons Army Medical CenterInternship, Transitional Year, 1986 - 1987
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of MedicineClass of 1986
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 1997 - 1998
- MD State Medical License 1997 - 2023
- GA State Medical License 1996 - 1999
- TN State Medical License 1988 - 1998
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Surgery of the Hand
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- 12 citationsLow-dose infectivity of Staphylococcus aureus (SMH strain) in traumatized rat tibiae provides a model for studying early events in contaminated bone injuries.Thomas B. Buxton, Michael T. Travis, Kevin J. O'shea, James C. McPherson, Stephen B. Harvey, Kent M. Plowman, Douglas S. Walsh> ;Comparative Medicine. 2005 Apr 1
- 1 citationsBruns-Garland syndrome (diabetic amyotrophy).Russell A Davidson, Michael T Travis, Renee M Bernier> ;Orthopedics. 2003 Jan 1
- MedStar St. Mary's HospitalLeonardtown, Maryland