Dr. Desai is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office710 Lawrence Expy
Santa Clara, CA 95051Phone+1 408-851-1000
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Nikhil Desai is a maxillofacial surgeon in Santa Clara, CA and is affiliated with Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara Medical Center. He received his medical degree from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine and his dental degree from Rutgers School of Dental Medicine (formerly UMDNJ). He has been in practice 14 years. Dr. Desai is experienced in orthognathic surgery, facial trauma, surgical treatment of obstructive sleep apnea, alveolar cleft repair, TMJ surgery, outpatient anesthesia, dentoalveolar surgery, maxillofacial pathology and maxillofacial reconstruction. He currently serves as the Regional Chair of Maxillofacial Surgery Chiefs for the Northern California Permanente Group, and is a Clinical Instructor (Affiliated) with Stanford University Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Education & Training
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterResidency, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, 2002 - 2008
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterInternship, Surgery, 2005 - 2006
- Vanderbilt University School of MedicineClass of 2005, MD
- Rutgers School of Dental Medicine (formerly UMDNJ - New Jersey Dental School)DMD, Dentistry, 1998 - 2002
Certifications & Licensure
- GA State Medical License 2008 - 2013
- CA State Medical License 2008 - 2023
- NJ State Medical License 2003 - 2023
- American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial SurgeonsOral & maxillofacial surgery
Publications & Presentations
- 17 citationsMalignant Ameloblastoma: Concurrent Presentation of Primary and Distant Disease and Review of the LiteratureAaron J. Berger, Ji Son, Nikhil K. Desai> ;Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 2012 Oct 1
- Facial Nerve Palsy Following Mandibular Setback: A Case Report and Review of the LiteratureSurpure S, Romney G, Desai N, American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery, 12/1/2014
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial SurgeonsFellow
- California Association of Oral & Maxillofacial SurgeonsFellow
- Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara Medical CenterSanta Clara, California
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: