Dr. Learn is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office8081 Innovation Park Dr
Fairfax, VA 22031Phone+1 571-472-0250Fax+1 571-472-0241
- Is this information wrong?
- Division Chief of Surgical Oncology for the Inova Health System and Chair of Surgical Oncology at Inova Schar Cancer Institute. Experienced leader in surgical quality improvement. Research interests in surgical care quality and disparities in health care delivery.
Education & Training
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer CenterFellowship, Complex General Surgical Oncology, 2008 - 2010
- University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio Joe and Teresa Lozano Long School of MedicineResidency, Surgery, 2001 - 2007
- Johns Hopkins University School of MedicineClass of 2001
- University of Illinois at Urbana-ChampaignBS, Electrical Engineering, 1992 - 1997
Certifications & Licensure
- VA State Medical License 2022 - 2024
- TX State Medical License 2011 - 2023
- NY State Medical License 2007 - 2011
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- The Comparative Effectiveness and Provider-induced Demand Collaboration Project: A Pioneering Military-Civilian Academic Partnership to Build Health Services Research ...Tracey Pérez Koehlmoos, Cathaleen Madsen, Amanda Banaag, Jessica Pope Mitro, Andrew J Schoenfeld, Peter A Learn, Zara Cooper, Joel S Weissman> ;Military Medicine. 2023 Sep 1
- Incidence of Clinically Relevant Solitary Pulmonary Nodules Utilizing a Universal Health Care System.John Kuckelman, Aaron Dezube, Francine Jacobson, Peter A Learn, Daniel Miller, Gita Mody, Michael Jaklitsch> ;Military Medicine. 2023 May 16
- Rare Hypermucoviscous Klebsiella pneumoniae Liver Abscess in an Active Duty Male Requiring Partial Liver Resection for Definitive Treatment.Nicholas Michael, Salvatore Parascandola, Stephanie Saint-Laurent, Colin Brown, John Maddox, Matthew Bradley, Peter Learn, Michele Gage> ;Military Medicine. 2023 Apr 26
- Join now to see all
- Walter Reed Bethesda’s Directorate of Surgery Recognized for Quality CareDecember 4th, 2020
- Society of Surgical OncologyFellow
- Inova Fairfax HospitalFalls Church, Virginia
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: