Are you Dr. Cox?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 51 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2500 N State St
Jackson, MS 39216Phone(601) 984-2538Fax(601) 815-1854
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Robert Cox, MD is a board certified emergency medicine physician in Jackson, Mississippi. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Mississippi, North Carolina, and Georgia. He is affiliated with University of Mississippi Medical Center and is a Professor at University of Mississippi School of Medicine.
Education & Training
- UCLA Medical CenterResidency, Emergency Medicine, 1988 - 1991
- Baylor University Medical CenterInternship, Internal Medicine, 1987 - 1988
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical SchoolClass of 1987
Certifications & Licensure
- MS State Medical License 1996 - 2022
- NC State Medical License 1996 - 2015
- GA State Medical License 1991 - 1997
- CA State Medical License 1988 - Present
- TX State Medical License 1988 - 1996
- American Board of Emergency Medicine Emergency Medicine
- American Board of Emergency Medicine Medical Toxicology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACEP) American College of Emergency Physicians
Publications & Presentations
- 2 citationsSevere illness associated with reported use of synthetic cannabinoids: a public health investigation (Mississippi, 2015)Amelia M. Kasper, Alison Ridpath, Roy Gerona, Robert D. Cox, Robert L. Galli, Patrick B. Kyle, Christina Parker, Justin K. Arnold, Kevin Chatham-Stephens, Melissa Morr...> ;Clinical Toxicology. 2019 Jan 1
- 5 citationsMisidentification of copperhead and cottonmouth snakes following snakebites.Robert D. Cox, Christina Parker, Erin C E Cox, Michael B. Marlin, Robert L. Galli> ;Clinical Toxicology. 2018 May 24
- 1 citationsAir Ambulance Delivery and Administration of Four-factor Prothrombin Complex Concentrate Is Feasible and Decreases Time to Anticoagulation Reversal.Claire E Vines, Stephanie J. Tesseneer, Robert D. Cox, Damon A. Darsey, Kristin Carbrey, Michael A. Puskarich> ;Academic Emergency Medicine. 2018 Jan 1
- Join now to see all
- Dangerous Reach: Medications, Cleaners and More Can Be Irresistible to KidsJanuary 22nd, 2016
- University of Mississippi Medical CenterJackson, Mississippi