Dr. Kumar is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office200 1st St Sw
Rochester, MN 55905Phone(507) 284-3300Fax(507) 284-0727
- Is this information wrong?
- I serve as Chair of the Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. I am the Program Director of the Pediatric Endocrinology fellowship program at Mayo Clinic School of Medicine. I am board certified in General Pediatrics, Pediatric Endocrinology and Obesity Medicine.
I am the medical director of the Pediatric Weight Management Program and the Adolescent Bariatric Program at Mayo Clinic, Rochester. I have been the primary investigator of several clinical trials in children with obesity including those examining the impact of vitamin D supplementation on cardiometabolic risk markers.
My clinical and research interests include the treatment of childhood obesity, bariatric surgery in adolescents, type 2 diabetes, hyperlipidemia and related cardiometabolic risk factors.
Education & Training
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical EducationFellowship, Pediatric Endocrinology, 2000 - 2003
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical EducationResidency, Pediatrics, 1998 - 2000
- All India Institute of Medical SciencesClass of 1993
Certifications & Licensure
- WI State Medical License 2014 - 2021
- MN State Medical License 1999 - 2022
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatric Endocrinology
- American Board of Obesity Medicine Obesity Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FAAP) American Academy of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Obesity Weight Evaluation Registry (POWER) Study Start of enrollment: 2014 May 01Torre, A.d.,Christison, A.,Fals, A.,Weedn, A.,Borzutzky, C.,Fox, C.,Estrada, E.,Binns, H.,Tucker, J.,Oden, J.,Tester, J.,Liu, L.,Gaddis, M.,Williams, R.,Armstrong, S.,Kumar, S.,Kirk, S.,Walsh, S.,Ward, W....
- Effect of Vitamin D Supplementation on Endothelial Function in Obese Adolescents Start of enrollment: 2012 Nov 01Kumar, S.
- Impact of Treatment of Sleep Disordered Breathing With Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)on Cardiometabolic Risk Markers Start of enrollment: 2011 Mar 01Amini, Z.,Kumar, S.
- Significance of Vitamin D Status in Obese Adolescents- A Pilot Study to Examine the Effect of Vitamin D3 Supplementation on Insulin Resistance and Cardiovascular Risk Factors Start of enrollment: 2009 Apr 01Kumar, S.
Publications & Presentations
- Risk of Substance Use Disorders among Adolescents and Emerging Adults with Type 1 Diabetes: A Population-based Cohort Study.Ana L. Creo, Swetha Sriram, Lisa E. Vaughan, Amy L. Weaver, Aida N. Lteif, Seema Kumar> ;Pediatric Diabetes. 2021 Sep 24
- Characteristics of paediatric weight management in the United States: Associations with program retention and BMI outcomes in the paediatric obesity weight evaluation ...Jared M. Tucker, William Stratbucker, Eileen C. King, Suzanne Cuda, Sylvia Negrete, Brooke Sweeney, Seema Kumar, Claudia Borzutzky, Helen J Binns, Shelley Kirk> ;Pediatric Obesity. 2021 Sep 9
- Case Studies in Pediatric Lipid Disorders and Their Management.Ambika P. Ashraf, Bhuvana Sunil, Vaneeta Bamba, Emily Breidbart, Preneet Cheema Brar, Stephanie T. Chung, Anshu Gupta, Aditi Khokhar, Seema Kumar, Marissa Lightbourne,...> ;The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2021 Aug 7
- Join now to see all
- Mild Subclinical Hypothyroidism Is Associated with Pediatric DyslipidemiaAida N Lteif, Siobhan T Pittock, Seema Kumar, Clinical Endocrinology
- Nearly 4 in 10 U.S. Adults Now ObeseOctober 13th, 2017
- Lower Levels of Hormone Spexin Associated with Childhood ObesityMay 26th, 2016
- Hormone May Be Linked to Teenage ObesityMay 24th, 2016
- Join now to see all
- Mayo Clinic Hospital - RochesterRochester, Minnesota
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: