Dr. Kahanic is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office230 Nebraska St
Sioux City, IA 51101Phone(712) 252-0088Fax(712) 252-5271
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- University of Iowa Hospitals and ClinicsFellowship, Hematology and Medical Oncology, 1989 - 1992
- University of Iowa Hospitals and ClinicsResidency, Internal Medicine, 1986 - 1989
- Case Western Reserve University School of MedicineClass of 1986
Certifications & Licensure
- NE State Medical License 1993 - 2018
- IA State Medical License 1989 - 2022
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS) Event Free Survival With Iron Chelation Therapy Study Start of enrollment: 2010 Mar 22
Publications & Presentations
- 62 citationsLonger term follow-up of the randomized phase III trial SWOG S0777: bortezomib, lenalidomide and dexamethasone vs. lenalidomide and dexamethasone in patients (Pts) wit...Brian G.M. Durie, Antje Hoering, Rachael Sexton, Muneer H. Abidi, Joshua Epstein, S. Vincent Rajkumar, Angela Dispenzieri, Stephen P. Kahanic, Mohan C. Thakuri, Freder...> ;Blood Cancer Journal. 2020 May 11
- 463 citationsBortezomib with lenalidomide and dexamethasone versus lenalidomide and dexamethasone alone in patients with newly diagnosed myeloma without intent for immediate autolo...Brian G.M. Durie, Antje Hoering, Muneer H. Abidi, S. Vincent Rajkumar, Joshua Epstein, Stephen P. Kahanic, Mohan C. Thakuri, Frederic J. Reu, Christopher M. Reynolds, ...> ;The Lancet. 2017 Feb 4
- 27 citationsPilot trial of paclitaxel-trastuzumab adjuvant therapy for early stage breast cancer: a trial of the ECOG-ACRIN cancer research group (E2198)Bryan P. Schneider, Anne O'Neill, Fei Shen, George W. Sledge, Ann D. Thor, Stephen P. Kahanic, Paul J. Zander, Nancy E. Davidson> ;British Journal of Cancer. 2015 Dec 22
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: