Dr. Brant is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office125 Paterson St
New Brunswick, NJ 08901Phone(732) 235-7784Fax(732) 235-7792
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Johns Hopkins UniversityFellowship, Gastroenterology, 1989 - 1992
- Indiana University School of MedicineResidency, Internal Medicine, 1986 - 1989
- University of FloridaClass of 1986
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 2017 - 2023
- MD State Medical License 1989 - 2018
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Gastroenterology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2013-2014
- Elected Member The American Society for Clinical Investigation, 2004
- Multi-Center African-American Inflammatory Bowel Disease Study (MAAIS) Start of enrollment: 2003 Jun 01Brant, S.R.,Gunnett, A.,Hall, M.,Mendoza, M.,Samuels, N.,Sandridge, M.,Spears, D.,Ushry, P.
- Gene Expression in Inflammatory Bowel Disease Start of enrollment: 1999 Nov 01Ushry, P.,Brant, S.R.
- Johns Hopkins Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis Study Start of enrollment: 1996 Jul 01Ushry, P.,Brant, S.R.
Publications & Presentations
- Whole-genome sequencing of African Americans implicates differential genetic architecture in inflammatory bowel disease.Hari K. Somineni, Sini Nagpal, Suresh Venkateswaran, David J. Cutler, David T. Okou, Talin Haritunians, Claire L. Simpson, Ferdouse Begum, Lisa W. Datta, Antonio Quiro...> ;American Journal of Human Genetics. 2021 Mar 4
- Transethnic analysis of the human leukocyte antigen region for ulcerative colitis reveals not only shared but also ethnicity-specific disease associations.Frauke Degenhardt, Gabriele Mayr, Mareike Wendorff, Gabrielle Boucher, Eva Ellinghaus, David Ellinghaus, Hesham ElAbd, Elisa Rosati, Matthias Hübenthal, Simonas Juzena...> ;Human Molecular Genetics. 2021 Mar 1
- Prevalence and Effect of Genetic Risk of Thromboembolic Disease in Inflammatory Bowel Disease.Takeo Naito, Gregory J. Botwin, Talin Haritunians, Dalin Li, Shaohong Yang, Michelle Khrom, Jonathan Braun, Judy H. Cho, Mark Silverberg, Richard Duerr, John D. Rioux,...> ;Gastroenterology. 2021 Feb 1
- Join now to see all
- Smoking and Inflammatory Bowel Disease: A Comparison of China, India, and the USAMark Lazarev, Nimisha K Parekh, Steven R Brant, Alyssa Parian, Marshall Bedine, Brindusa Truta, Digestive Diseases and Sciences
- Insights into the Genetic Epidemiology of Crohn's and Rare Diseases in the Ashkenazi Jewish PopulationStephan Targan, Nir Barzilai, Steven R Brant, Manuel A Rivas, PLoS One
- Guidelines Demur, but Probiotics, Curcumin May Help in Some UC PatientsApril 1st, 2019
- Genome Study Identifies Risk Genes in African Americans with Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseOctober 20th, 2016
- Study Describes Genetic Risks for Inflammatory Bowel Disease in African-AmericansAugust 31st, 2015
- Join now to see all
- IBD Gene Mapping By Clinical And Population SubsetsNational Institute Of Diabetes And Digestive And Kidney Diseases2002–2011
- Identifying Disease Variants For Familial Crohns DiseaseNational Institute Of Diabetes And Digestive And Kidney Diseases2009–2010
- Genetic Studies Of Crohn'S Disease And Ulcerative ColitisNational Center For Research Resources1998–2006
- Crohn'S Disease Gene Mapping Of Chromosome 16National Institute Of Diabetes And Digestive And Kidney Diseases2001–2005
- Cloning &Expression Of Epithelial NA+/H+ ExchangersNational Institute Of Diabetes And Digestive And Kidney Diseases1994–1996
- Cloning &Expression Of Human Epithelial Na/H ExchangersNational Institute Of Diabetes And Digestive And Kidney Diseases1992–1993
- Cloning/Characterization Of Epithelial NA+/H+ ExchangersNational Institute Of Diabetes And Digestive And Kidney Diseases1991
- Robert Wood Johnson University HospitalNew Brunswick, New Jersey
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: