Are you Dr. Scalea?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 106 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office22 S Greene St
Baltimore, MD 21201Phone+1 410-328-6566Fax+1 410-328-4124
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Thomas Scalea, MD is a general surgeon in Baltimore, Maryland. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Maryland and New York. He is affiliated with University of Maryland Medical Center and Veterans Affairs Maryland Health Care System-Baltimore Division.
Education & Training
- SUNY Upstate Medical UniversityResidency, Surgery, 1979 - 1983
- St Joseph's HealthInternship, Transitional Year, 1978 - 1979
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of MedicineClass of 1978
Certifications & Licensure
- MD State Medical License 1997 - 2023
- NY State Medical License 1981 - 2023
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
- American Board of Surgery Surgical Critical Care
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
- Super Doctor SuperDoctors.com
- Fellow (FCCM) American College of Critical Care Medicine
- Emergency Preservation and Resuscitation (EPR) for Cardiac Arrest From Trauma Start of enrollment: 2016 Oct 01
- DuraMesh Laparotomy Study Start of enrollment: 2021 Oct 15
Not yet recruiting
- Valproic Acid (VPA) for Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) in Trauma Patients Start of enrollment: 2022 Jan 01
Publications & Presentations
- Treatment of Penetrating Cardiac Wounds for the General Surgeon on Call.Puja Gaur Khaitan, David V Feliciano, Grace F Rozycki, Panagiotis Symbas, James V O'Connor, Thomas M Scalea> ;The journal of trauma and acute care surgery. 2022 Aug 2
- The Role of Endovascular Repair of Popliteal Arterial Injuries in the Acute Setting.Hossam Abdou, Joseph Edwards, David Stonko, Noha Elansary, Marcus Ottochian, Joseph J DuBose, Thomas M Scalea, Jonathan J Morrison, Rishi Kundi> ;Annals of vascular surgery. 2022 Jun 25
- Close surveillance imaging is unnecessary for patients with grade I blunt thoracic aortic injury.Sayuri P Jinadasa, Ariel L Mueller, Annie Apffel, Brandon Cave, Joseph J DuBose, Thomas M Scalea, Rishi Kundi> ;American journal of surgery. 2022 Jun 9
- Join now to see all
- Assessment of Blood Flow Patterns Distal to Aortic Occlusion Using CT in Patients with Resuscitative Endovascular Balloon Occlusion of the AortaDecember 2017
- Honoring a Hero: Dr. Thomas Scalea, Physician-in-Chief at the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, Marks 20 Years at the University of MarylandJanuary 4th, 2017
- Scalea Pushes Stop the Bleed Campaign in Effort to Teach Lifesaving SkillsFebruary 13th, 2020
- Critical Care Emergency Medicine (Hardcover)January 21st, 2016
- Join now to see all
- University of Maryland Medical CenterBaltimore, Maryland
- Veterans Affairs Maryland Health Care System-Baltimore DivisionBaltimore, Maryland