Are you Dr. McKie?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 28 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1120 15th St
Augusta, GA 30912Phone+1 706-721-3626Fax+1 706-721-2643
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Virgil McKie, MD is a pediatric hematologist/oncologist in Augusta, Georgia.
Education & Training
- Medical College of GeorgiaResidency, Pediatrics, 1975 - 1976
- Medical University of South CarolinaResidency, Pediatrics, 1970 - 1973
- Prisma Health Greenville Memorial HospitalInternship, Transitional Year, 1969 - 1970
- Medical University of South CarolinaClass of 1969
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
Publications & Presentations
- 70 citationsSerum ferritin level changes in children with sickle cell disease on chronic blood transfusion are nonlinear and are associated with iron load and liver injury.Thomas V. Adamkiewicz, Miguel R. Abboud, Carole Paley, Nancy F. Olivieri, Melanie Kirby-Allen, Elliott Vichinsky, James F. Casella, Ofelia A. Alvarez, Julio C. Barredo...> ;Blood. 2009 Nov 19
- 42 citationsLiver biopsy results in patients with sickle cell disease on chronic transfusions: Poor correlation with ferritin levelsLina B. Karam, Deborah Disco, Sherron M. Jackson, David N. Lewin, Virgil McKie, Robert D. Baker, Susan S. Baker, Joseph Laver, Paul J. Nietert, Miguel R. Abboud> ;Pediatric Blood & Cancer. 2008 Jan 1
- 77 citationsAlpha thalassemia is associated with decreased risk of abnormal transcranial Doppler ultrasonography in children with Sickle Cell AnemiaLewis L. Hsu, Scott T. Miller, Elizabeth C. Wright, Abdullah Kutlar, Virgil McKie, Winfred C. Wang, Charles H. Pegelow, Catherine Driscoll, Anne Hurlet, Gerald M. Wood...> ;Journal of Pediatric Hematology Oncology. 2003 Aug 1
- Join now to see all
- Clinical Services--Pediatric PatientsNational Heart, Lung, And Blood Institute1985–1988