Dr. Bekele is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office201 Lyons Ave
Newark, NJ 07112Phone(973) 926-7161Fax(973) 282-0395
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Brooklyn Hospital CenterResidency, Pediatrics, 1975 - 1977
- Brooklyn Hospital CenterInternship, Internal Medicine, 1974 - 1975
- Addis Ababa University Faculty of MedicineClass of 1972
- Mount Sinai School of MedicineFellowship, Pediatric Endocrinology
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 1979 - 2023
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Regional Top Doctor Castle Connolly, 2014
- A 5-year, Prospective, Non-interventional, Multicenter Registry in Sickle Cell Disease Patients Start of enrollment: 2010 Jan 01Akintilo, A.(.,Ali, D.,Ayer-Cole, J.,Bekele, W.,Bellevue, R.,Blackwood, M.,Cavallerano, M.,Dole, M.,Feeback, J.,Fitzhenry, B.,Garcia, J.,Gardner, R.,Goodin, S.,Graham, M.,Gray, P.,Guarini, L.,Gunier, E.,H...
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citationsT-cell lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma: relapse 16 years after first remission.Lauren Elreda, Manpreet K. Sandhu, Xinlai Sun, Wondwessen Bekele, Alice J. Cohen, Maya Shah> ;Case reports in hematology. 2014 Apr 14
- CarePoint Health Bayonne Medical CenterBayonne, New Jersey
- CarePoint Health Hoboken University Medical CenterHoboken, New Jersey
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterNewark, New Jersey
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: