Dr. Erb is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office16300 Sand Canyon Ave, Ste 1007
Irvine, CA 92618Phone(949) 727-0102
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Melanie Ho Erb is a leading expert in Orange County and Los Angeles in non-invasive botox, fillers, lasers, and advanced plastic surgery to the delicate eyelids and face. She is one of very few surgeons double certified as an Oculoplastic Surgeon and an Ophthalmologist. She has performed thousands of oculoplastic procedures, injections, and laser treatments over the course of her career.
Dr. Erb’s philosophy is to provide a look that is refreshed and youthful, but also healthy and natural. She achieves this goal using a combination of surgery, injectables, and/or lasers, guided by her gentle touch, artistic eye, and meticulous attention to detail. Dr. Erb performs all of the lasers, injections, and surgeries herself.
As a female surgeon, Dr. Erb is able to understand what female patients want. As an Asian surgeon, Dr. Erb is able to create a natural-looking double eyelid. Many men visit Dr. Erb to continue to look both youthful and masculine. Dr. Erb truly hears your wants and concerns. She will reveal your inner vitality to the outside world.
Dr. Erb strives to provide the highest quality of care in a welcoming and attentive environment. Her approachability, honesty, and warm bedside manner have earned her both the Patients’ Choice Award and the Compassionate Doctor Award by Vitals almost every year since 2010.
Education & Training
- EyestheticaFellowship, OculoFacial Plastic Surgery, 2005 - 2007
- University of California, Irvine, School of MedicineClass of 2000, M.D.
- University of California (Irvine)Residency, Ophthalmology
- University of California (Irvine)Internship, Surgery
- UCLABA, Business / Economics
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 2001 - 2023
- American Board of Ophthalmology Ophthalmology
- American Society of Ophthalmic and Reconstructive SurgeryAmerican Society of Ophthalmic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS)
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow ASOPRS American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- President and Board Member Chinese American Ophthalmological Society
- Board Member Asian American Physician Association
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 2 citationsOn-Q pump for pain control after orbital implant surgery.David B. Samimi, Melanie H. Erb, Arthur C. Perry, Michael A. Burnstine, Steven C. Dresner> ;Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2014 Sep 1
- 12 citationsThe modified fasanella-servat procedure: description and quantified analysis.David B. Samimi, Melanie H. Erb, Christianne J. Lane, Steven C. Dresner> ;Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2013 Jan 1
- 22 citationsOrbitotemporal Neurofibromatosis: Classification and TreatmentMelanie H. Erb, Nicolas Uzcategui, Robert F. See, Michael A. Burnstine> ;Orbit. 2007 Jan 1
- Join now to see all
- Partnering with EyestheticaMarch 22nd, 2016
- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive SurgeryFellow
- Chinese American Ophthalmological SocietyMember
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: