Dr. Chia is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office15785 Laguna Canyon Rd
Irvine, CA 92618Phone(949) 753-1163Fax(949) 753-1949
- Is this information wrong?
- I am a board-certified ophthalmologist in private practice in Irvine, California. I finished by ophthalmology training at the University of Maryland, Baltimore where I served as Chief Resident. Prior to that, I finished a transitional medicine internship at Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown, Pennsylvania. I graduated medical school from the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
I've also received my Masters in Business Administration from the University of California, Irvine Merage School of Management and attended Rice University in Houston, Texas for undergraduate studies in Biochemistry.
At present, I also spend time as a clinical instructor of surgery at the Veterans Affairs Hospital in Long Beach where I've taught the ophthalmology residents from UC Irvine since 2008. I am also currently on staff at Hoag Presbyterian Hospital.
Education & Training
- University of Maryland ProgramResidency, Ophthalmology, 2003 - 2006
- Lehigh Valley Health NetworkInternship, Transitional Year, 2002 - 2003
- Pennsylvania State University College of MedicineClass of 2002
- University of California (Irvine)Internship, Informatics, 1997 - 1998
- Rice UniversityBA, Biochemistry, 1995
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 2006 - 2023
- PA State Medical License 2002 - 2003
- American Board of Ophthalmology Ophthalmology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification ExamWRITER EMR, Eyefinity, Inc., 2013
- Orange County Physician of Excellence 2012
- Vitals.com Compassion Doctor Recognition 2011
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 9 citationsAdherence to standard of care in the diagnosis and treatment of suspected bacterial meningitis.David Chia, Youness Yavari, Eugeny Kirsanov, Steven I. Aronin, Majid Sadigh> ;American Journal of Medical Quality. 2015 Nov 1
- 90 citationsFumaric acid: an overlooked form of fixed carbon in Arabidopsis and other plant speciesDavid W. Chia, Tennessee J. Yoder, Wolf-Dieter Reiter, Susan I. Gibson> ;Planta. 2000 Oct 1
- Discovery and Validation of Salivary Extracellular RNA Biomarkers for Noninvasive Detection of Gastric CancerDavid Chia, MD, Clinical Chemistry
- The MYC/BMI1 Axis Is Essential for SETDB1‐Mediated Breast TumorigenesisDavid Chia, Jonathan W Said, The Journal of Pathology
- Frequency of ocular examinations in high-risk population groups.Chia DW, Higginbotham EJ, Ellish NJ, Pisacano AM, Grant SJ, Ashburn FS, Frei G, ARVO
- Glaucoma Case Studies – Case One: Tissue Plasminogen Activator after Trabeculectomy.Wadhwa SD, Chia D, Higginbotham EJ, Ophthalmology Management
- Spanish, Chinese (Mandarin)
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: