Dr. Casas-Reyes is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
See Dr. Casas-Reyes' full profile
Office3990 Sheridan Street
Hollywood, FL 33021Phone+1 954-800-8877Fax+1 954-800-5588
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Carlos Casas-Reyes is a Neurosurgeon in south Florida and affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Holy Cross Hospital, Aventura Hospital & Medical Center, West Boca Medical Center, and North Shore Medical Center.
Having received his medical doctor degree from the Universidad de la Sabana School of Medicine, Colombia, in 2001, Dr. Casas is well versed in international treatment options. Since then, he’s completed a postdoctoral fellowship in Spinal Cord Injury and Neuroregeneration at the Miami Project to Cure Paralysis through the University of Miami, an internship in general surgery at Jackson Memorial Hospital and the Veterans Affairs Healthcare System for the University of Miami, a residency in neurosurgery at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Michigan, as well as a fellowship in comprehensive spine surgery and radiosurgery at Stanford University School of Medicine in California. He has been in practice for over 17 years. He also speaks multiple languages, including Spanish. He specializes in brain & spinal tumor, neurosurgical spine surgery, and pain and is experienced in brain abscess, spinal cord tumor, traumatic brain injury, lumbosacral spinal cord injuries/conditions, and primary brain tumors.
Education & Training
- Stanford Health Care-Sponsored Stanford UniversityFellowship, Neurosurgical Spine Surgery, 2012 - 2013
- Henry Ford HospitalChief Residency, Neurological Surgery, 2011 - 2012
- Henry Ford HospitalResidency, Neurological Surgery, 2006 - 2011
- University of Miami/Jackson Health SystemInternship, Surgery, 2005 - 2006
- University of Miami/Jackson Health SystemSpinal Cord Injury and Neuroregeneration, 2001 - 2005
- OtherClass of 2001
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 2010 - Present
- FL State Medical License 2012 - 2024
- MS State Medical License 2020 - 2021
- ME State Medical License Active through 2015
- OH State Medical License 2012 - 2013
- MI State Medical License 2006 - 2012
- American Board of Neurological Surgery Neurological Surgery
Publications & Presentations
- Ultrastructural study of the primary olfactory pathway in Macaca fascicularis.Herrera, L.P., Casas, C.E., Bates, M.L., Guest, J.D.> ;J Comp Neurol. 2005 Aug 8
- 24 citationsUse of percutaneous endoscopy to place syringopleural or cystoperitoneal cerebrospinal fluid shunts: Technical noteJames D. Guest, Lisa C. Silbert, Carlos E. Casas> ;Journal of Neurosurgery. 2005 Apr 1
- Effects of epidural hypothermic saline infusion on locomotor outcome and tissue preservation after moderate thoracic spinal cord contusion in rats.> ;J Neurosurg Spine. 2005 Mar
- Join now to see all
- Florida Neurosurgical SocietyMember
- Holy Cross HospitalFort Lauderdale, Florida
- Aventura Hospital and Medical CenterMiami, Florida
- West Boca Medical CenterBoca Raton, Florida
- North Shore Medical CenterMiami, Florida
- Cleveland Clinic Martin North HospitalStuart, Florida
- Comprehensive NeuroSpinehttp://www.comprehensiveneurospine.com
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: