Are you Dr. Schafer?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 58 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office970 Parchment Drive Se
Grand Rapids, MI 49546Phone(616) 949-4840Fax(616) 949-3531
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Christine Schafer, MD is an allergist/immunologist in Grand Rapids, Michigan. She is currently licensed to practice medicine in Michigan and Ohio. She is affiliated with Spectrum Health - Butterworth Hospital.
Education & Training
- San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education ConsortiumFellowship, Allergy and Immunology, 1994 - 1996
- Wright State University Boonshoft School of MedicineResidency, Pediatrics, 1988 - 1991
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences F. Edward Hebert School of MedicineClass of 1988
Certifications & Licensure
- MI State Medical License 2000 - 2023
- OH State Medical License 1991 - 2002
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology Allergy & Immunology
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatrics
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centricity Practice Solution EMR, GE Healthcare, 2012
- Fellow (FAAAAI) American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology
Publications & Presentations
- 3 citationsImproved patient adherence to subcutaneous allergen immunotherapy using a modified rush immunotherapy protocol.Jordan N. Teachout, Stason Vandegrift, Christine M. Schafer, Sara J. Uekert, Karyn E. Gell> ;Annals of Allergy Asthma & Immunology. 2019 Mar 1
- Grand Rapids Allergy Hosts ‘Safe Trick or Treat for All’October 29th, 2019
- We Spent $3892.57 Managing Our Kids’ Dust Allergies – and They’re Not Even Close to Under Control YetOctober 22nd, 2019
- Spectrum Health - Butterworth HospitalGrand Rapids, Michigan