Dr. Kwolek is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeMassachusetts General Hospital
15 Parkman St., WAC-4, Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
Boston, MA 02114Phone(617) 244-1214Fax(617) 243-6562
- Is this information wrong?
- I currently serve as a senior Vascular Surgeon within the Mass General /Brigham Healthcare system (MGB) with active clinical practices in complex open and endovascular procedures at the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) and the Newton-Wellesley Hospital (NWH).
Previous leadership positions include serving as Vascular Fellowship program director at MGH, Chief of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at NWH, Chair of Surgery at NWH, and co-chair of the Mass General/Brigham procedural products and technology steering committee. I also received a general management MBA through the MIT/Sloan School with additional certification in healthcare.
My clinical and academic contributions have focused on 1) National leadership in clinical trials to evaluate new devices and techniques 2) The education and training of vascular fellows, general surgery residents, medical students, and practicing physicians 3) Clinical innovation and scholarship. I have served as the MGH site principal investigator for over 10 clinical trials and served as the National principal investigator for three trials, one evaluating a novel repositionable aortic stent graft, the second a new transcervical hybrid procedure for the management of carotid artery stenosis and the third, a prospective randomized trial evaluating the comparative effectiveness of FDA approved aortic endografts in the United States. I serve as an invited speaker, proctor and organizer for numerous vascular and endovascular training courses both nationally and internationally.
Education & Training
- Arizona Heart InstituteFellowship, Endovascular Fellowship, 1999 - 1999
- Massachusetts General HospitalFellowship, Vascular Surgery, 1994 - 1995
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterResidency, General Surgery, 1987 - 1992
- UCSFClass of 1987
Certifications & Licensure
- AZ State Medical License 1999 - Present
- MA State Medical License 1990 - 2022
- American Board of Surgery Vascular Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Boston Magazine Castle Connolly, 2008-2020
- America's Top Doctors Castle Connolly, 2007-2020
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
- Join now to see all
- INVESTIGATION of FLOW ALTERED, SHORT TRANSCERVICAL CAROTID ARTERY STENTING in PATIENTS With SIGNIFICANT CAROTID ARTERY DISEASE With Filter. Start of enrollment: 2012 Nov 01Christopher Kwolek, MD and Richard Cambria, MD
- The Anaconda Endovascular Graft US FDA Phase II Clinical Study Start of enrollment: 2009 Apr 01Browne, G.,Charron-Keller, L.,Dall'Olmo, C.,Dryjski, M.,Forbes, T.,Gelabert, H.,Graham, A.,Hodgson, K.,Hua, H.,Kwolek, C.,Lindsay, J.,Lindsay, T.,Mehta, M.,Moneta, G.,Moore, R.,Moursi, M.,Nagpal, S.,Nelso...
- Evaluation of the Safety and Effectiveness of the Zenith(R) Fenestrated AAA Endovascular Graft Start of enrollment: 2005 Jan 01Bell, R.,Cayne, N.,Fairman, R.M.,Farber, M.,Greenberg, R.,Kwolek, C.,Lyden, S.,Makaroun, M.S.,Oderich, G.,Reilly, L.M.,Sicard, G.,Starnes, B.
- Evaluation of the Medtronic Vascular Talent Thoracic Stent Graft System for the Treatment of Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms Start of enrollment: 2003 Jul 01Allmendinger, P.,Bates, M.,Benckart, D.,Bove, P.,Bower, T.,Carroccio, A.,Cayne, N.,Criado, F.,Eskandari, M.,Fairman, R.,Farber, M.,Fillinger, M.,Garrett, H.E.,Glickman, M.,Hodgson, K.,Jung, M.,Katzen, B.,...
Publications & Presentations
- Comparison of treatment options for aortic necks outside standard endovascular aneurysm repair instructions for use.Thomas F. O'Donnell, Imani McElroy, Laura T. Boitano, Jahan Mohebali, Glenn M. LaMuraglia, Christopher J. Kwolek, Mark F. Conrad> ;Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2021 May 18
- Outcomes of open and endovascular repair of Kommerell diverticulum.Jordan P. Bloom, Rizwan Attia, Thoralf M. Sundt, Duke E. Cameron, Sandeep Hedgire, Ami B. Bhatt, Eric M. Isselbacher, Sunita D. Srivastava, Christopher J. Kwolek, Matt...> ;European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. 2021 Jul 30
- Clinical competence statement of the Society for Vascular Surgery on training and credentialing for transcarotid artery revascularizationBrajesh K. Lal, William D. Jordan, Vikram S. Kashyap, Christopher J. Kwolek, Wesley S. Moore, Dipankar Mukherjee, Marc L. Schermerhorn> ;Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2020 Sep 1
- Join now to see all
- The History of Proximal Carotid Protection and Flow Reversal to Prevent Stent Angioplasty EmbolizationMarch 1st, 2018
- Massachusetts General Hospital Now Offering Less-Invasive Procedure for Treatment of Carotid Artery DiseaseMarch 22nd, 2016
- Is Protection by Flow Reversal a Game Changer for CAS? - UCSF Vascular Surgery Symposium 2013August 1st, 2013
- Join now to see all
- New England Society for Vascular SurgeryMember
- Southern Association for Vascular SurgeryMember
- International Society for Endovascular SpecialistsMember
- Eastern Vascular SocietyMember
- American Surgical AssociationMember
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: