Dr. Air is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeHenry Ford Hospital
2799 W Grand Blvd
Detroit, MI 48202Phone(313) 916-2241
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Ellen Air is a neurosurgeon in West Bloomfield, MI and is affiliated with Henry Ford Hospital. She received her medical degree from Cincinnati College of Medicine and Surgery and has been in practice 13 years. She specializes in epilepsy surgery, pain, and stereotactic & functional neurosurgery and is experienced in stereotactic and functional surgery and epilepsy surgery.
Education & Training
- UCSF Medical CenterFellowship, Epilepsy and Functional Neurosurgery , 2010 - 2011
- University Hospital - University of Cincinnati College of MedicineResidency, Neurological Surgery, 2004 - 2010
- Cincinnati College of Medicine and SurgeryClass of 2004
Certifications & Licensure
- MI State Medical License 2014 - 2024
- KY State Medical License 2011 - 2022
- CA State Medical License 2010 - 2012
- OH State Medical License 2004 - 2023
- American Board of Neurological Surgery Neurological Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2012
- Occipital Nerve Stimulation (ONS) for Migraine: OPTIMISE Start of enrollment: 2013 Jan 01Richard Lipton, MD
- RNS® System Long-term Treatment (LTT) Study Start of enrollment: 2006 Apr 01Air, E.,Geller, E.B.
Publications & Presentations
- Catastrophic failure of spinal cord stimulator paddle electrodes in the cervical spine.Stacy E. Hatcher, Ellen L Air> ;Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery. 2020 Jun 10
- 1 citationsCommentary: What Is A Case Control Study?Mohamed Macki, Ellen L Air> ;Neurosurgery. 2019 Aug 1
- 28 citationsEffects of surgical targeting in laser interstitial thermal therapy for mesial temporal lobe epilepsy: A multicenter study of 234 patientsChengyuan Wu, Walter J. Jermakowicz, Srijata Chakravorti, Iahn Cajigas, Ashwini Sharan, Jonathan R. Jagid, Caio M. Matias, Michael R. Sperling, Robert T. Buckley, Andr...> ;Epilepsia. 2019 Jun 1
- Join now to see all
- National Neurosurgery Organizations Collaborate to Establish Professionalism Policy for Meetings, Professional EventsApril 2nd, 2021
- Journal of Neurosurgery Features the “One Neurosurgery Summit Professionalism and Harassment Model Policy”March 25th, 2021
- Henry Ford HospitalDetroit, Michigan
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: