Are you Dr. Hechel?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 34 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office385 Tremont Ave
East Orange, NJ 07018Phone(973) 676-1000Fax(973) 395-7026
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Harvey Hechel, MD is a rheumatologist in East Orange, New Jersey. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in New Jersey.
Education & Training
- George Washington University School of MedicineResidency, Internal Medicine, 1977 - 1978
- Naval Regional Medical CenterFellowship, Rheumatology, 1975 - 1976
- MedStar HealthResidency, Internal Medicine, 1972 - 1973
- One Brooklyn Health SystemResidency, Internal Medicine, 1971 - 1972
- Maimonides Medical CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 1970 - 1971
- SUNY Downstate Health Sciences UniversityInternship, Internal Medicine, 1969 - 1970
- State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of MedicineClass of 1969
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 1978 - 2023
Publications & Presentations
- Selection and performance of medical students and residents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.Kowalyk, S., Hechel, H.> ;J Med Educ. 1986 Mar 01
- Specialty certification in North America: a comparative analysis of examination results.Hechel, H., Bowles, L. T.> ;J Med Educ. 1979 Feb
- Postgraduate medical education and Public Law 94-484.Hechel, H.> ;J Med Soc N J. 1979 Jan
- Emeritus Member