Are you Dr. Kowalec?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 28 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office400 Osborne Ter
Newark, NJ 07112Phone(973) 926-7472Fax(973) 923-8063
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Joan Kowalec, MD is a rheumatologist in Newark, New Jersey. She is currently licensed to practice medicine in New Jersey. She is affiliated with Newark Beth Israel Medical Center.
Education & Training
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical SchoolFellowship, Rheumatology, 1978 - 1979
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical SchoolResidency, Internal Medicine, 1974 - 1978
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical SchoolClass of 1974
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 1975 - 2023
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Rheumatology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACR) American College of Rheumatology
Publications & Presentations
- 8 citationsHepatic abscess and osteomyelitis from Klebsiella pneumoniae.Joel M. Goldman, Joan K. Kowalec> ;JAMA. 1978 Dec 8
- Osseous sarcoidosis of the foot: detection by MR imaging.Blacksin, M. F., Acello, A. N., Kowalec, J., Lyons, M. M.> ;AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1994 Dec
- Campylobacter arthritis.Kowalec, J. K., Kaminski, Z. C., Krey, P. R.> ;Arthritis Rheum. 1980 Jan
- Join now to see all
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterNewark, New Jersey