- Dr. James Smith, MD is a board certified gastroenterologist in New Orleans, Louisiana. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Louisiana. He is affiliated with Ochsner Medical Center.
Clinical Specialties & Interests
- Gastroenterology: General Gastroenterology
Certifications & Licensure
- LA State Medical License1984 - 2015
- American Board of Internal MedicineInternal Medicine
- American Board of Internal MedicineGastroenterology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 CertificationEpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2012, 2013
- Fellow (FACG)American College of Gastroenterology
- Super DoctorSuperDoctors.com
Publications & Presentations
- Irritable bowel syndrome: a review and update. Occhipinti, K.,Smith, J. W.; Clin Colon Rectal Surg. 2012 Mar.
- Infectious arthritis. Smith, J. W.; Infect Dis Clin North Am. 1990 Sep.
- Prednisone therapy is not associated with increased risk of herpetic infections in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus. Keiser, P., Jockus, J., Horton, H., Smith, J. W.; Clin Infect Dis. 1996 Jul.
- Register to See 4 More
- American College of Gastroenterology - ACGFellow
- Dr. James Smith, Dr. James Smith, MD, Dr. J Smith, Dr. James W Smith