- 1514 Jefferson Hwy
New Orleans, LA 70121
Phone: (504) 842-4000
Dr. Smith's Clinical Specialties & Interests
- Gastroenterology: General Gastroenterology
Dr. Smith's Education & Medical Training
- Ochsner Clinic FoundationFellowship, Gastroenterology
- Carolinas Medical CenterResidency, Internal Medicine
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical SchoolMedical School
Dr. Smith's Certifications & Licensure
- LA State Medical LicenseActive through 2013
- American Board of Internal MedicineInternal Medicine
- American Board of Internal MedicineGastroenterology
Dr. Smith's Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 CertificationCenters for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2012
- Fellow (FACG)American College of Gastroenterology
- Super DoctorSuperDoctors.com
Dr. Smith's Publications & Presentations
PubMed | Citations by Web of Science®
- Irritable bowel syndrome: a review and update. Occhipinti, K.,Smith, J. W.; Clin Colon Rectal Surg. 2012 Mar.
- Infectious arthritis: clinical features, laboratory findings and treatment. Smith, J. W., Chalupa, P., Shabaz Hasan, M.; Clin Microbiol Infect. 2006 Apr.
- A retrospective study of the addition of ciprofloxacin to clarithromycin and ethambutol in the treatment of disseminated Mycobacterium avium complex infection. Keiser, P., Nassar, N., Skiest, D., Rademacher, S., Smith, J. W.; Int J STD AIDS. 1999 Dec.
Register to See Citations and 4 More...
Dr. Smith's Professional Memberships
- American College of Gastroenterology - ACGFellow
- Dr. James Smith, Dr. James Smith, MD, Dr. J Smith, Dr. James W Smith
- 11 Colleague Invites!
- Is this you? If so, register to see 11 messages.
Physicians, view Dr. Smith's full Doximity profile to:
- Trade HIPAA-secure messages
- Send and receive online faxes
- Refer a patient
- See their complete CV
Similar Physicians & HCPs (Gastroenterology, LA)
- Matthew Rice, MD
- Daniel Raines, MD
- Barry Osherowitz, MD
- Arvind Gopal, MD
- Helen Van Fossen, MD
- Bal Bhandari, MD
- Steve Venturatos, MD
- Natalie Bzowej, MD
- Charles Monier Jr., MD
- Patricia Brannan, MD