Are you Dr. Brouillette?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 103 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office817 Princeton Ave Sw
Birmingham, AL 35211Phone+1 205-788-7572Fax+1 205-788-7579
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. John Brouillette, MD is a nephrologist in Birmingham, Alabama. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Alabama and Tennessee. He is affiliated with Princeton Baptist Medical Center, Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and St. Vincent's Birmingham.
Education & Training
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterFellowship, Nephrology, 1997 - 1999
- University of Alabama Medical CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 1993 - 1996
- University of Florida College of MedicineClass of 1993
Certifications & Licensure
- AL State Medical License 1994 - 2023
- TN State Medical License 1997 - 1999
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Nephrology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2011
- Fellow (ASNF) American Society of Nephrology
Publications & Presentations
- 134 citationsIntradialytic parenteral nutrition improves protein and energy homeostasis in chronic hemodialysis patientsLara B. Pupim, Paul J. Flakoll, John R. Brouillette, Deanna K. Levenhagen, Raymond M. Hakim, T. Alp Ikizler> ;Journal of Clinical Investigation. 2002 Aug 15
- 190 citationsHemodialysis stimulates muscle and whole body protein loss and alters substrate oxidationT. Alp Ikizler, Lara B. Pupim, John R. Brouillette, Deanna K. Levenhagen, Kali Farmer, Raymond M. Hakim, Paul J. Flakoll> ;American Journal of Physiology-endocrinology and Metabolism. 2002 Jan 1
- Brookwood Baptist Medical CenterBirmingham, Alabama
- Medical WestBessemer, Alabama
- Princeton Baptist Medical CenterBirmingham, Alabama
- Shelby Baptist Medical CenterAlabaster, Alabama
- St. Vincent's BirminghamBirmingham, Alabama
- Grandview Medical CenterBirmingham, Alabama
- Vaughan Regional Medical CenterSelma, Alabama
- Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical CenterBirmingham, Alabama