Dr. Cohen is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeLong Island Heart Rhythm Center (LIHRC -- Old Westbury)
NYITCOM campus; West entrance of Northern Blvd., 1st Floor of Riland Building
Old Westbury, NY 11568Phone(516) 287-8898Fax(516) 730-9569
- Is this information wrong?
- Todd J. Cohen, MD is a triple boarded practicing cardiologist and electrophysiologist (having trained at Johns Hopkins, Stanford, and UCSF). He is an inventor, educator, and serial entrepreneur. He built and directed two of the busiest EP Programs on Long Island (first, North Shore Univ. Hospital's program, followed by the Winthrop program). He is the founder and director of the Long Island Heart Rhythm Center located off Northern Blvd. (opposite the St. Francis DeMatteis Center) in Old Westbury, New York (on the NYIT medical campus; 1st floor of the Riland Building). Appointment's can be made directly or by leaving a message on the office phone at 516-287-8898 and any records should be faxed to Long Island Heart Rhythm Center's HIPAA compliant fax at 516-730-9569. He is Professor of Medicine, Chief of Cardiology, and Director of Medical Device Innovation at NYITCOM; and is a clinical advisor for the Center of Bioengineering Innovation and Design at Johns Hopkins University. The Long Island Heart Rhythm Center provides cardiology and arrhythmia services throughout the NY tristate area (in Long Island via the Catholic Health System and in NYC via the Mount Sinai Health System).
Education & Training
- UCSFFellowship, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, 1990 - 1992
- Stanford UniversityFellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, 1988 - 1990
- Sinai Hospital of BaltimoreResidency, Internal Medicine, 1986 - 1988
- New York Presbyterian Hospital - Cornell CampusInternship, Internal Medicine, 1985 - 1986
- Johns Hopkins UniversityClass of 1985
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 1989 - Present
- MD State Medical License 1987 - 1988
- NY State Medical License 1986 - 2022
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FHRS) Heart Rhythm Society
- Fellow (FACC) American College of Cardiology
- SCD-HeFT 10 Year Follow-up Start of enrollment: 2009 Sep 01Bardy, G.H.
- EMRI SureScan™ Clinical Study Start of enrollment: 2007 Feb 01EMRI SureScan Clinical Study Team
- Sudden Cardiac Death in Heart Failure Trial (SCD-HeFT) Start of enrollment: 1997 May 01Bailey, J.R.,Paladino, W.P.
- Multicenter Unsustained Tachycardia Trial (MUSTT) Start of enrollment: 1991 Sep 01Kerry Lee
- Effects of Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy on Arrhythmias Todd Cohen, MD
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citationsDifferences in Approaches and Outcomes of Defibrillator Lead Implants Between High-Volume and Low-Volume Operators: Results From the Pacemaker and Implantable Defibril...Zohaib A Shaikh, Jessica A Chung, Daniel J Kersten, Alyssa M Feldman, Wilbur J Asheld, Joseph Germano, Shahidul Islam, Todd J. Cohen> ;Journal of Invasive Cardiology. 2017 Dec 1
- The Number of Recalled Leads is Highly Predictive of Lead Failure: Results From the Pacemaker and Implantable Defibrillator Leads Survival Study ("PAIDLESS").Daniel J Kersten, Jinju Yi, Alyssa M Feldman, Kunal Brahmbhatt, Wilbur J Asheld, Joseph Germano, Shahidul Islam, Todd J. Cohen> ;Journal of Invasive Cardiology. 2016 Dec 1
- 1 citationsGender-Related and Age-Related Differences in Implantable Defibrillator Recipients: Results From the Pacemaker and Implantable Defibrillator Leads Survival Study ("PAI...Alyssa M Feldman, Daniel J Kersten, Jessica A Chung, Wilbur J Asheld, Joseph Germano, Shahidul Islam, Todd J. Cohen> ;Journal of Invasive Cardiology. 2015 Dec 1
- Join now to see all
- Stanford Biodesign’s New Arrhythmia Technology Retreat Conjoint to 2021 Heart Rhythm Society’s Annual Scientific SessionsAugust 2021
- Mount Sinai MorningsideNew York, New York
- The Mount Sinai HospitalNew York, New York
- Good Samaritan Hospital Medical CenterWest Islip, New York
- Mercy Medical CenterRockville Centre, New York
- St. Joseph HospitalBethpage, New York
- Mount Sinai WestNew York, New York
- St. Catherine of Siena Medical CenterSmithtown, New York
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: