Dr. Phipatanakul is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office300 Longwood Ave
Boston, MA 02115Phone(617) 355-6117
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Johns Hopkins UniversityFellowship, Allergy and Immunology, 1997 - 2000
- Children's Hospital of Los AngelesResidency, Pediatrics, 1994 - 1997
- Loma Linda UniversityInternship, Transitional Year, 1994 - 1995
- Loma Linda University School of MedicineClass of 1994
Certifications & Licensure
- MA State Medical License 2000 - 2023
- MD State Medical License 1997 - 1999
- CA State Medical License 1995 - Present
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology Allergy & Immunology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FAAAAI) American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology
- Controlling and Preventing Asthma Progression and Severity in Kids Start of enrollment: 2016 Sep 01Phipatanakul W.
- Oral Bacterial Extract for the Prevention of Wheezing Lower Respiratory Tract Illness Start of enrollment: 2015 Sep 01Fernando D Martinez, MD, Wayne J Morgan, MD, and Dave T Mauger, PhD
- Community Empowerment to Pilot a Novel Device for Monitoring Rescue Medication Use in Urban Children With Asthma Start of enrollment: 2015 Aug 01Phipatanakul W.
- Environmental Intervention to Reduce Allergens in Urban Schools and Childhood Asthma Start of enrollment: 2013 May 01Phipatanakul, W.
- The Severe Asthma Research Program III-Boston Clinical Site Start of enrollment: 2012 Dec 01Bouzaher, A.,Crosby-Thompson, A.,Levy, B.,Israel, E.,Phipatanakul, W.
- Severe Asthma Research Program Start of enrollment: 2012 Oct 01John Fahy, MD, Anne Fitzpatrick, PhD, Elliot Israel, MD, Bruce Levy, MD, Wanda Phipatanakul, MD, Mario Castro, MD, Eugene Bleecker, MD, Serpil Erzurum, MD, James Chmiel, MD, Benjamin Gaston, MD, Sally Wen...
- Azithromycin for Preventing the Development of Upper Respiratory Tract Illness Into Lower Respiratory Tract Symptoms in Children and Oral Corticosteroids for Treating Episodes of Significant Lower Respiratory Tract Symptoms in Children Start of enrollment: 2011 Mar 01Bacharier, L.B.,Bade, E.,Benson, M.,Busse, W.B.,Cabana, M.,Chmiel, J.,Fitzpatrick, A.,Gozal, D.,Holguin, F.,Lemanske, R.F.,Martinez, F.D.,Mauger, D.T.,Moy, J.,Phipatanakul, W.,Pongracic, J.,Raissy, H.,Sze...
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- Pneumonia in Infancy and Risk for Asthma: Examining the Role of How Viruses Impact Asthma and Potential InterventionsTina Banzon, Wanda Phipatanakul> ;Chest. 2021 Aug 1
- Vitamin D supplementation, lung function, and asthma control in children with asthma and low vitamin D levels.Yueh-Ying Han, Erick Forno, Leonard B. Bacharier, Wanda Phipatanakul, Theresa W. Guilbert, Michael D. Cabana, Kristie R. Ross, Joshua Blatter, Franziska Rosser, Sandy ...> ;European Respiratory Journal. 2021 Jul 29
- Incorporating systems-level stakeholder perspectives into the clinical trial design of school-supervised asthma therapyMichelle Trivedi, Shushmita Hoque, Janki Luther, Michelle Spano, Holly Shillan, Hallie Pearl, Hannah L Seay, Wanda Phipatanakul, Lynn B. Gerald, Lori Pbert> ;Contemporary Clinical Trials. 2021 Jul 16
- Join now to see all
- Effect of Vitamin D3 Supplementation on Severe Asthma Exacerbations in Children with Asthma and Low Vitamin D LevelsErick Forno, Leonard B Bacharier, Wanda Phipatanakul, Kristie Ross, Ronina Covar, James E Gern, Franziska J Rosser, Joshua Blatter, JAMA
- Care Pathways for the Selection of a Biologic in Severe AsthmaMichael E Wechsler, Wanda Phipatanakul, Nicola A Hanania, The European Respiratory Journal
- Effect of Vitamin D3 Supplementation on Severe Asthma Exacerbations in Children with Asthma and Low Vitamin D LevelsAugust 2020
- Asthma in the Melting PotNovember 19th, 2018
- Are Environmental and Educational Interventions for Asthma Cost Effective?March 4th, 2018
- Use of Placebos on Children in Study Draws Researcher’s IreFebruary 12th, 2018
- Join now to see all
- Allergens In Inner-City Schools And Childhood AsthmaNational Institute Of Allergy And Infectious Diseases2008–2012
- Asthmanet: Brigham And Women'S Hospital &Children'S Hospital BostonNational Heart, Lung, And Blood Institute2009–2011
- The Epidemiology Of Home Allergens And AsthmaNational Center For Research Resources2007
- Role Of Mouse Allergen In Childhood AsthmaNational Institute Of Allergy And Infectious Diseases2003–2007
- Boston Children's HospitalBoston, Massachusetts
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: