Dr. Smars is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office200 1st St Sw
Rochester, MN 55905Phone(507) 284-2511
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- University of North Dakota Affiliated HospitalsInternship, Internal Medicine, 1982 - 1983
- Loma Linda University School of MedicineClass of 1982
Certifications & Licensure
- IA State Medical License 2021 - 2022
- CA State Medical License 1984 - Present
- WI State Medical License 1984 - 2021
- MN State Medical License 1983 - 2022
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- Magnetocardiography as a Non-Invasive Tool for Detecting Tissue Rejection in Heart Transplant Patients Start of enrollment: 2004 Dec 01Smars, P.A.
- Precision of the Magnetocardiographer for Data Aquision and Analysis. Start of enrollment: 2004 Oct 01Smars, P.A.
- Efficacy of the CMI Magnetocardiograph in Diagnosing Acute Coronary Syndromes in Patients Presenting With High Risk Unstable Angina. Start of enrollment: 2004 Aug 01Smars, P.A.
- Safety and Efficacy of MCG for Diagnosing Coronary Heart Disease Start of enrollment: 2003 Jul 01Smars, P.A.
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citationsEthylene glycol and methanol ingestion cared for by tele-emergency pharmacy and tele-emergency medicine.Christopher S. Russi, Alicia E. Mattson, Peter A. Smars, James S. Newman, Alex J Beuning> ;Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare. 2019 Aug 1
- 15 citationsImpact of an Emergency Department Observation Unit Management Algorithm for Atrial Fibrillation.Shawna D. Bellew, Merri L. Bremer, Stephen L. Kopecky, Christine M. Lohse, Thomas M. Munger, Paul M. Robelia, Peter A. Smars> ;Journal of the American Heart Association. 2016 Feb 1
- 4 citationsChronic kidney disease as a risk factor for acute coronary syndromes in patients presenting to the emergency room with chest pain.Sherezade Khambatta, Michael E. Farkouh, R. Scott Wright, Guy S. Reeder, Peter A. McCullough, Peter A. Smars, La Tonya J. Hickson, Patricia J.M. Best> ;Translational Research. 2012 May 1
- Join now to see all
- One Mayo Clinic Doctor Becomes the Patient Himself and Shares Importance of Organ DonationApril 17th, 2021
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: