Dr. Friedman is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1600 SW Archer Rd
Gainesville, FL 32610Phone(352) 273-9000Fax(352) 392-8413
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. William Friedman is a neurosurgeon in Gainesville, FL and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including UF Health Shands Hospital and the Malcom Randall Veterans Affairs Medical Center. He received his medical degree from The Ohio State University College of Medicine and has been in practice 41 years. He specializes in brain & spinal tumor, pain, and stereotactic & functional neurosurgery and is experienced in trigeminal neuralgia, neurosurgical oncology, primary brain tumors, neurosurgical spine surgery, and skull base surgery.
Education & Training
- University of FloridaResidency, Neurological Surgery, 1977 - 1982
- University of FloridaInternship, Transitional Year, 1976 - 1977
- Ohio State University College of MedicineClass of 1976
- Oberlin CollegeA.B., Chemistry, Phi Beta Kappa, 1970 - 1973
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 1977 - 2022
- American Board of Neurological Surgery Neurological Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- President International Stereotactic Radiosurgery Society, 1999-2001
- President Congress of Neurological Surgery, 1998
- President Florida Neurosurgical Society, 1995
- Join now to see all
- Florida Center for Brain Tumor Research Start of enrollment: 2006 Mar 01Freidman, W.A., Frentzen, B., Friedman, W.A.
Publications & Presentations
- 50 citationsA Distinct DNA Methylation Shift in a Subset of Glioma CpG Island Methylator Phenotypes during Tumor RecurrenceCamila Ferreira de Souza, Thais S. Sabedot, Tathiane M. Malta, Lindsay Stetson, Olena Morozova, Artem Sokolov, Peter W. Laird, Maciej Wiznerowicz, Antonio Iavarone, Ja...> ;Cell Reports. 2018 Apr 10
- 15 citationsObituary: Albert Loren Rhoton Jr., MD, 1932-2016.William A. Friedman> ;Journal of Neurosurgery. 2016 Apr 29
- 4 citationsLong-term Outcome After Fractionated Radiotherapy for Pituitary Adenoma: The Curse of the Secretory Tumor.Stacey M. Scheick, Robert J. Amdur, Jessica Kirwan, Christopher G. Morris, William M. Mendenhall, Steven N. Roper, William A. Friedman> ;American Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2016 Feb 1
- Join now to see all
- Dr. Duane Mitchell, M.D.: Saving Lives, One Headstand at a TimeSeptember 26th, 2017
- Clinical Trial: Follow-Up Study: Nerual Tissue Transplantation In SyringomyeliaNational Center For Research Resources2008
- Physiological Alterations After Spinal Cord InjuryNational Institute Of Neurological Disorders And Stroke1985–1986
- UF Health Shands HospitalGainesville, Florida
- North Florida/South Georgia Veteran's Health SystemGainesville, Florida
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: