Are you Dr. Van Der Westhuizen?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 32 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office130 W Ravine Rd
Kingsport, TN 37660Phone+1 423-968-1144Fax+1 423-968-3453
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Gert Van Der Westhuizen, MD is a board certified nuclear medicine physician in Kingsport, Tennessee. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Tennessee, Virginia, and North Carolina. He is affiliated with Holston Valley Medical Center.
Education & Training
- Duke University HospitalFellowship, Nuclear Radiology, 2001 - 2002
- Eastern Virginia Medical SchoolResidency, Radiology-Diagnostic, 1998 - 2001
- University of Pretoria FOMClass of 1986
Certifications & Licensure
- VA State Medical License 2020 - 2024
- TN State Medical License 2002 - 2023
- NC State Medical License 2001 - 2023
- American Board of Nuclear Medicine Nuclear Medicine
- American Board of Radiology Diagnostic Radiology
Publications & Presentations
- 136 citationsPositron emission tomography imaging of brain tumors.Terence Z. Wong, Gert J van der Westhuizen, R. Edward Coleman> ;Neuroimaging Clinics of North America. 2002 Nov 1
- Holston Valley Medical CenterKingsport, Tennessee